Addyson slept 4 hours in her pack n play bassinet last night! I was so happy! I know I haven't mentioned this before but she wasn't doing so well in the pack n play and she was sleeping with us during the night. we would swaddle her really good and put her up by our pillows so that we couldn't roll over on her. Justin and I really don't move around and neither does she right now. I knew that I couldn't let this continue and during the day we were really trying to have her sleep by herself and not in our arms. When she is awake, we would hold her and play with her. So last night I positioned her a little differently and she made it 4 hours! After I nursed her I put her back and she fussed for about an hour, off and on. I would get up and touch her, not pick her up, and try to comfort her the best I could. Finally I put her in bed with us because it was after 5 am and I knew that we would be up in 2 hours, when the alarm goes off for justin. I think she will get better as the nights go on but right now its a comfort and spacial thing. She isn't even two weeks old and her world is completely different than what it was inside the womb. She sleeps well during the day in her crib but I am not ready for her to be in the other room just yet! Especially at night.
Well today Addyson and I are going to go to my mom's house to do some laundry and to meet Nana and Papa Lyle for the first time! They just got back from Florida so they weren't in town when she was born! My mom also got my sister's bedroom dry walled and redone and I haven't seen it yet!
Oh and our friends Matt and Allison are proud parents of Ashlyn and Kaitlyn born last night and weighing 4.7 and 3.13! Also my second cousin Amanda had her baby girl this morning, Addyson's original due date, weighing 5.8lbs! So lots of babies and amazing things going on!
Better pick up the kitchen a bit, addy is sleeping, might as well take advantage of it!
jamie and addyson
No comments:
Post a Comment