Monday, April 27, 2009

Addyson Update! (sorry its been so long!)

She is already 5 weeks old and our next dr's appointment is May 5th so I will know how much she weights then!

She had diaper rash for the past couple weeks but it has completely healed and looks great!

She now loves taking baths with daddy and doesn't fuss at all! The first one she did fuss a little bit but got better as time went on! She even kicks her feets in the water! Its very cute!

She lifts and turns her head very well. She does this when she is either laying on her stomach or when you hold her upright against your chest! Actually yesturday 4/26/2009 I got her out of the tub and layed her down onto her towel and wrapped her up. She looked cute so I grabbed my camera which was already in with us and she almost rolled herself over!!!! I couldn't believe it and neither did justin! Thank goodness he was still in the tub so he could witness it! She would have had it too if she knew to lift her one leg because the whole top half of her body was almost turned! She is an overachiever for sure!

She is always moving around when she is awake too! We think she is going to crawl and walk very early and when she does there will be no stopping her!! We are in trouble! LOL

Sleep: she sleeps at least 5-6.5 hours in the night and lately she is getting more 7 hours in. We really haven't had any issues with sleeping through the night. In the beginning she woke up every couple hours but that has stopped:) Its amazing that she knows that it is bedtime and not naptime! We love this!!!

Grandma and grandma were here and she met her great grandma lopatynski too! Grandma stayed a little longer and we went shopping and got all kinds of little goodies!! We had a nice visit and they just loved Addyson!

Feeding: she is eating every 2-3 hours and 2-3 ounces at a time. She gets formula during the day and I nurse in the night. However that is getting less and less because she doesn't wake up! I am ok with this but I did enjoy nursing her and getting that time with her! But she is a growing girl and needs more than what I was producing so whatever it takes for my little girl to grow!

She is more alert and awake during the day too! She responds more to silly sounds and little games. She also holds on to small rattles and likes her little rattle phone! She gives great eye contact and she will focus on an object and watch it move! She is so smart and we just love watching her grow!!!

No comments: