Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday fun

Today we went to a birthday party for our friend Lilly!  It was at a jumping jungle.  Tons of bouncy things and slides!  Addy had so much fun after she warmed up to the place!  They had pizza and ice cream cake! 

We played there until the party was over and then we came home to play outside.  It was about 55 degrees here today and sunny!  Addy and I went for a walk and then we played in the backyard.  We loved being outside.  We came in to have a snack and I worked out.  Then Justin came up to get dinner going.  We made steak, baked pototoes and green beans.  While he was getting that all going, Addy told me she spilled something on the carpet.  It was then that I told Justin that I wanted to run up to Toys R Us to get Addy a disney tray so when she snacks in the living room she is more careful. 

I wanted to get her one anyways. She can snack on it and color on it. It's multifunctional! I asked Justin what else I should get for her and he wanted me to pick up the Lalaloopsy mermaid doll for the bathtub.  So I ran up to toys r us, got the tray and went over the the Lalaloopsy stuff. They were buy one get one half off so I got the mermaid one and a pixie one.  They are so cute!  The mermaid one is nice because she is all plastic and her hair changes color when in the tub.  Her mermaid fin is like an outfit and comes off making her a regular doll.  She also comes with another outfit for when she isn't a mermaid! 

I think she will really enjoy them.  We don't have many bath tub toys that are age appropriate anymore.  To be honest there are some nights that I just wash her quick and get her out asap!  Sometimes we get her in later than normal and there just isn't enough time to let her do her thing! She has her Avon soap paints that my mom gets her. So she usually has fun with that most of the time! 

It still is crazy to me that she is going to be 3 soon!  Time really does fly and I was always told that when we have her, but you really don't get it until you are going through it!  She has turned into that most precious little being.  She is so intelligent, loving, funny (and I'm not kidding!) and at times, difficult little girl.  We wouldn't have it any other way either!  She is always exploring her world, testing her limits and boundaries, and showing us all that she has learned.

I can't wait to celebrate her 3rd birthday with family and friends.  We have most of her Ariel decorations and a list of the things we still need to get.  Like the food, drinks, and cake.  It went pretty smoothly at our house last year so I assume it will be the same this year! Hopefully all the kids will be able to play outside too! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend and even though we loose an hour of sleep, we gain more sunshine!

Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: