Friday, January 11, 2013

37 weeks

Today I had a prenatal check up and a sonogram for baby boy.  Last week I had one at 36 weeks and they check the babies weight and measurements.  At 36 weeks he is weighing in at 6 pounds 2 ounces!  Addyson weighed 7 pounds at that appointment when I was pregnant with her, so we will see who is the bigger one at birth!  Everything was perfect at my last appointment and because I have gestational diabeties, I get to have weekly sonograms until I have him!!! 

Basically what they check for is: the blood flow through the umbillical cord, amout of amniotic fluid, they check the lungs and to make sure he is practicing his breathing and they check to see if he is doing fine and gross motor movements. (Basically is he active) He of course got a perfect score and from what the sono tech could see, his lungs look fully developed now!

She got so many great pictures of him and I got to see him moving around in live view!  He really seems to like his thumb and hand near his mouth!  Here is our beautiful baby boy!









 
Love,
Jamie Lynne

1 comment:

Kristin Isaacson said...

Already love him so much! Can't wait to meet him and bring him into this crazy family of girls :) he can teach us lots of new things about life through a boy! I have a feeling he's gonna have those perfectly round cheeks addy did when she was born!