Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baby Boy

 
Our sweet baby boy.  We will meet you in 6 days!  I am amazed with how fast and yet how slow time has gone while we waited to meet you!  But the time is actually here now and I have done all the necessary things to be as prepared for you as I can be!
 
Let's take a little walk down memory lane!
 
May 2012- we found out that we were finally pregnant again!  I knew you were a boy from the very beginning too!  My pregnancy with you was much different than my pregnancy with your big sister Addy!  I was very nauseous with you, I ate like a truck driver and I was a little more "angry" than "happy" in the beginning.  (hormones that is!  I was happy to have you growing inside of me!)
 
July 2012- We were finally in the clear and heading onto the second trimester!  Being pregnant with you in the summer was much different than I expected.  I was glad to have my morning/day sickness go away but man was it tough in the heat at times!  I also would get sunburns instead of actually tanning while pregnant with you.  But it was okay.  You were growing perfectly on track and our first major sonogram with you was perfect!  The sono tech even guessed that you were a boy at 12 weeks!  We knew that we shouldn't call it then because it still was early but it really made mommy smile inside!
 
August 2012- mommy went back to work at the school she works at and everyone there was so happy to see that I was expecting!  I was feeling really good during this time too!  I had lots of good energy and I really got working on your nursery.  We slowly started buying you clothes too which was hard for me at first because for 3 years I have been buying nothing but pink!  The switch was fun and exciting though!  At the end of August we had our big sonogram to find out if you were indeed a boy or girl!  The scan also checked all major organs and bones.  Everything checked out great and we found out that you were a healthy baby boy!  I think daddy zoned out for the rest of the sonogram too!  He was so so happy!  Mommy got tears of joy and I just couldn't believe that we were going to have a son!
 
 
November-December 2012- The holidays were here and I knew that time was really starting to fly!  I couldn't believe that after Christmas there was only going to be a few more short weeks before we officially met you! I did have a little moment of sadness when I did learn that I had gestational diabetes this time.  It was a big adjustment to go through right before a major holiday but I did what I had to.  To make sure that you were safely growing inside of me.  Once I figured it all out, it was pretty easy and daddy really helped me stay calm too!  Family members were getting you some gifts here and there too!  They all are so excited to meet you too!! 
 
January 2013- wow we are in your birth month!  We also had a growth ultrasound and they told us that you were about 6 pounds!  They also told me that because I have gestational diabetes that I would have to have weekly sonograms to check up on you!  This made me very happy!  I got/get to see you every week until we actually have you!  It's been amazing to see you develop each week and see the new things that you are trying to do already!  I got to see you get your thumb in your mouth, i've seen you plump up and change in your face each week, and I got see how flexible you are!  The last sono I had of you, you managed to have your foot above your hand, over your face!  It must be getting pretty tight in there for you huh!? 
 
I've noticed that instead of a lot of kicks and punches that you are doing more stretching.  We are in the home stretch little guy and we just need to hang tight a little longer! 
 
I cannot wait to meet you on the 28th and to hold you. I love thinking about all the great moments we are going to have together and I especially love thinking about you and your sister growing up together!  I know you will be of best of friends!  She is here to teach you so much and so are we!  We have been waiting for you and dreaming of you for awhile now.  You have been wanted by so many and the time is almost here! 
 
I have enjoyed the time I've had with you all to myself but my body has done all it can for you now.  It's time for me and daddy to nurture you in our home. Together. As a family.  You are our final piece to our family.  The one thing to make it feel perfectly complete!  We love you so much baby boy and we are so excited to meet you!!!!
 
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: