Saturday, April 6, 2013

Going back to work

I'm sorry that this post is coming before my Easter post but it has to be done.  That being said, an Easter post will be generated, soon.

I went back to work this past Tuesday.  I had 9 wonderful weeks off with my son.  Do I wish I could have had more time off with him? Of course. But it was time to come back to work and interact with other humans.  The way I look at it.  I had 9 weeks off during the longest and the most boring time of the school  year.  We only have 8 weeks left now and then I get the whole summer off with both of our babies!  I can do this!

So the eve of my first day back I was literally racing against time.  The day flew and once the evening got to me I had to kick it into high gear and get things in order.  Luckily the week before I had rounded all of Camden's items for daycare up, labelled them, and sent them with Justin.  He dropped them off on his way to work.  (Thanks babe!)  So I had to get outfits ready, lunches packed, coffee pot ready, and I even had Camden's bottle and Addyson's choc. milk ready to go in the fridge!  I didn't want any hiccups in the morning.  I did not want to be rushed feeding Camden or helping Justin getting Addy ready.  I also did not want to be late on my first day back.  However, I think they would have understood!

Camden went down around 820 and Addy was asleep  before 9 pm.  I was able to sit down and unwind around 915.  I looked back at my time off with Camden, looked at pictures and felt my uterus seriously ache.  The last time I was at work, Camden was with me, inside me, and now he was going to be at school, with his sister.  I couldn't believe it.  I kind of didn't really feel numb until that moment.  I didn't really think too much about it prior.  Even though I was ready to come back, mentally, in my heart I wanted to be home.  Thankfully I know the teachers that Camden would be with and that we already did this with Addyson.  She loved the cradle room at school. She loved the teacher and I know he will do great there.


I was actually able to fall asleep and stay asleep.  My alarm went off at 5AM. Yes thats right 5AM.  Working parents with 2 kids to get ready plus ourselves. You bet we were getting up early!  I got my self almost completely ready before waking Justin up at 6AM which is early for him too. When he was showering I got dressed and brushed my teeth.  Addy managed to wake up earlier than we planned on but it worked out because she can be really hard to wake up.  I got her outfit out and got her dressed.  That was to be Justin's job around 7 but he was still getting ready and I was able to do it since Cam was still sleeping. 

I then got Cam up and dressed.  I then sat and fed him while we watched cartoons with Addy.  Justin got his car loaded and I passed Camden onto him.  Justin did good with them and it helped me not get too emotional.  He loaded them into the car while I rounded my stuff from the kitchen.  I walked out just as he was starting to leave the driveway. I waved and headed on my way!

I did really well while at work and even stopped myself from calling daycare on mylunch break.  Even though I'm sure they wouldn't mind.  I was so happy when I was able to leave work and go and pick up my babies! 

Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: