I knew it would happen eventually but not this soon. Camden came down with a low grade temp 2 days ago in the evening. I thought it was just a little cold and nothing major since he wasn't really acting any differently. Later the next day, I got a text message from Camden's teacher, saying that he had a fever at 102. It was the end of my work day so I called the pedi and headed down towards daycare. They wanted to see him the next day and it worked out since we didn't have school/work on Friday. I got to school and gave him his tylenol before we left. That evening was pretty rough. He was not comfortable at all. He cried a ton. He wanted to be held but then he didn't like it. I tried so many different things but I was getting really tired myself. My sister had texted me around 10 ish to see how everything was going. I vented and she reminded me to use our big swing and to see if he needed to eat again. I didn't think to use the swing because he really hasn't been showing interest in it lately. Well thankfully, after he ate 3 ounces (which is way less than normal for him), he fell asleep in the swing! I had Justin moved it up against the couch and I slept down there with him.
That was around 11 pm. He woke up around 130 am and I gave him some more of his bottle and tylenol. He went right back to the swing and slept until 7. Which was perfect because I needed to get Addy ready for school. Addy got up and ready just fine. Justin thought she felt a little warm to him but wasn't sure if it was just because she just got up. Addy of course decided that she needed some medicine because her throat felt a little funny. All we had was 2mls of motrin left. But she took it.
While I was feeding Camden, Addy came over to say good bye to us, and I noticed her gland on her neck to be a little larger than normal. I had Justin take her to school while I got ready and called the pedi to see if she could come in when I brought Camden in. They scheduled her in and I was on my way.
They both did great for the exams. Camden weighs 11.8 pounds and is 23 inches now and Addy is 34.5 pounds. Tiny tiny!
They did a strep test on Addy just to see but the Dr. was sure she would be fine. She examined Camden and diagnosed him with Bronchiolitis which is a form of RSV but since he wasn't in distress it wasn't full blown RSV. It's a virus and there is nothing they can do but to let it run its course. I was to feed him and whatever he ate was fine and to give tylenol if the fever went over 101.
The Dr. then went and got the results of the strep test and shockingly it came back positive. I was surprised and upset that they both had something. The Dr. told us to keep Addy from touching Camden at least for the first 24 hours after being on her antibiotic but if we couldn't that it would most likely be ok. Babies don't typically catch strep during the first year of life.
So our weekend was a little rough.crazy.do-able.tiring.stressful.silly.and happy it was over! We got through it even during times where I just wanted to nap when Camden did and the one with strep throat never acted like she was sick! She was busy busy busy! But eventually they started to get better and we had no more fevers! We ended up going out to lunch on Sunday with my mom and they kids did great! Later that evening we went for a walk. It tired them out pretty good and I was finally able to relax!
I hope everyone had a less sickly weekend!
Love
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment