Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Fun

We've been having lot's of fun this summer! On the days that we have good behaviors!  We have had probably 2 rounds of challenging behaviors with Addyson.  We know we have a new baby at home but it's really not driven all towards that.  She definitely does direct things towards me more than Justin but it is a lot of typical 4 year old behaviors. Testing boundaries, wanting to do everything all by herself but then not doing it because she needs help (wouldn't take help initially), back talking, some hitting, and she has been lacking on eating foods that she used to like; however, she has been trying more foods too.
 
I notice on weeks that I have a lot planned for us she does better.  I think she likes being around a lot of kids and we don't have young kids in our neighborhood to even come over and play. So a lot is based on who can get together.  Plus I can't run all the time especially with Camden being so young still.  Heat bothers him for long periods of times, sun screen is an issue, naps, etc.  Her diet has also been lacking. Waking up in the  middle of the night wanting food. It's just not typical behaviors by her. 
 
So I make sure on easy days that she does "school work", I also just make plates of food up for her, and place them in front of her!  She doesn't eat junk, she just hasn't been eating much at all. I've also made sure to take time for just her even when Camden is awake.  I don't want her to think that I can't do things because of him. Then she might resent him and I don't want that.  She loves him so much and wants to do so much for him all the time!
 
So again there is always good with the bad but as you will see with these pictures that we are having a good summer!
 
She says he makes her heart so happy!  She loves him so much.

Playing outside while we get yard work done.



Camden's eyes are still blue! Fingers crossed!

This boy cannot get enough of his feet!



Summertime!

My dad's sister Lori finally met Camden during pool party Friday held at my great Uncle's house!

Bike fun

We went to the beach with some friends I work with and their kids.  It was adventure but we made it!


Camden enjoys hanging out on the deck while I make dinner before daddy comes home from work!

Pool party at my friend Jenn's house.

My little loves!  I really have enjoyed being with them this summer.

Mohawk!
 
Camden and I at the beach. Making sure sand didn't get on his stuff was very challenging! 


My cousin does pool parties every Friday at her dad's house.  They have a beautiful property.  This is Alicia taking Addy down to the pond that is behind the pool and house.

Addy playing with her 3rd cousin Parker!


I even worked at this years Roar on the Shore with my friends Allison and Amy!  I bartended for the first time!  It was so much fun and I plan on doing it every summer!  Easy money and I got to hang out with my friends!
 
So there you have it.  A little recap of our summer thus far.  We have one more dance class for Addy and a good 2 weeks left before they go back to daycare since I have inservice a couple weeks before the district goes back to school. 
 
Hope your all having a fun summer!
Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: