Thursday, July 24, 2014

Update on basement

After we dealt with our flood from the winter we started to notice some moisture under a huge built in book shelf that was already in place from previous owners. It was mainly when it rained and it was never free standing (puddle) so we knew we had some issues that had to be dealt with. There was never a sealant behind the built in which also had insulation and dry wall in front of it. (headache and more work) The rest of the basement had dry loc on it so we couldn't figure out why it wasn't behind a built in structure. (we have a theory now) So one weekend my husband and his friend tore down the unit. I was happy to see no real issues with the foundation itself. We would have to clean it up and then eventually re do the outside area near the driveway too
 
 

So one weekend we all headed to Lowe's and we got all of our supplies. Camden took the nap of champions that day and it was great because once I was done with my chores I was able to help Addy and Justin!

I hate even showing these pictures because they are so ugly to me. I seriously felt like I was doing laundry in a prison cell!  It also just reminds me of what we went through in the winter and gives me anxiety!

Justin worked his butt off that day and I really have to give him most of the credit for all the work that got done. Addy helped a lot too, especially with the bottom!  She had so much fun helping and thought it was cool that we were "a family that works together!" She cracks us up!

I am so so happy its up and looks the way it does!  We are currently working on the outside now and got proper rubber/foam to help the gap along driveway and foundation.  We will also be re dry locing it. Justin pressure washed the house and foundation last night after work. Once the outside is done we will give the inside one more coat. You can tell it still needs one more compared the rest of basement.

I hope we are on our way to getting moisture out of our home!
 
Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: