I am so happy that all of our hard work has finally paid off! I am happy to say that I do not feel like I'm doing laundry in a prison cell! That grey foundation was creepy! I got our new shelf at Lowe's and it was the best one that fit our needs and functionality. It is self leveling and we needed that because the basement floor slopes towards the main drain.
Here is a look at how it was while we were working on it!
We figured that we didn't need a huge shelf or more than one right now since we use bins for storage and if it did get wet it wouldn't be a big deal.
In order for the inside to be dryer we had to work on the outside as well. We have a huge thing of dry loc so we got working.
The area under our front door has taken a beating from kicking snow off of our shoes before entering the house. So we dry loc'd that as well and we purchased a kick board in brushed nickel to screw over the wood.
Dry loc will naturally flake in areas outside and when this back area was hit with all that water from the flood, it really broke up stuff and it looked awful. It was nice to touch up areas and fix the bottom.
I love how clean and fixed everything looks and feels. We did a lot of work and it took weeks due to saving it all for the weekends. Our friends Ryan and Kristy did a lot during all of this too. They really put our minds at ease when we were nervous starting this project.
We've been lucky that living here about 4 years this fall that we haven't had to do much work. With the little bit that we've dealt with we feel much more confident that we can tackle things together better than we thought! Owning a home is scary but it doesn't have to be intimidating.
Love
Jamie Lynne






No comments:
Post a Comment