This is hopefully my start to what I consider a success story!
Yesturday afternoon Addyson and I headed to Target and then we were going to go to Wegmans to get some groceries. While I was getting Addyson into her carseat, she threw her binkie, and it landed under someone's car. I put her in the seat, buckle her and try to get the binkie. No luck. It was right under, in the middle. I get in the car and of course she was asking for it. Normally she wouldn' t even have it during the day but she had a crumy nap so I let her have it. It was basically to keep her happy while I shopped!
So of course the parking lot is a nightmare and I am hating people at this point. She is crying in the back and no one is moving when the light is green. I am fuming! She asks again. I looked at her and told her that she threw mimi and that we were all done with it. She screamed at the top of her lungs. Apparently she understood what that ment!. The brave mom that I am, I still pulled into wegmans.
I get a shopping cart with the carrier on it and put her in it. She is content. I start my shopping and I talk to her about what we are getting. She ends up taking a nap the whole time I am shopping! without her binkie! I was beyond thrilled!
We get home and she asks a couple of times for mimi. She has a couple meltdowns but nothing that isn't easily redirected to something else. Food, activity, tv, helping put groceries away. Justin and I watch a movie later that evening and addy is up for most of it. I then take her to our rocking chair in the living room and hold her with her blanket. After some time she eventually falls asleep! She didn't even ask for mimi the whole time I was rocking her. She did pucker her mouth and lick her lips a few times but that was it!
I know its just a binkie but I did get a little upset that she did so well. Let me word that again....I'm happy she went to sleep without it but it was a big part of how little she was and that she is becoming more and more like a toddler. Her babyness is slowly going away and I do miss that.
The night: went extremely well! She woke up around 6 AM and she fussed for a few minutes and then went back to bed until 745! I was so amazed by her! She has asked, so far, 3 times for it but no crying! I hope this continues on and that she keeps up the hard work!
Bye Bye mimi! It's been really nice and you helped Addyson sooth and comfort herself for many months but now its time to move on! :)
Love
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment