Addyson has been doing so much lately and I really feel bad that I haven't kept up on my blog. However, I am feeling much better this morning! Anyways back to miss Addyson!
Thursday evening, before dinner, I changed her diaper and just took her to the table in a shirt and her diaper. We ate dinner and had some laughs at the things that she was saying. we were cleaning up from dinner when Addy came up to us and said she needed the potty and she started to go up the stairs! I was amazed! We haven't really been practicing since before she got sick. So I go upstairs and get her potty chair out and Justin waites at the bottom of the stairs. She sits on it for a second and gets up. Tells justin that she went "potty". No she didn't! Justin said she had to try again and then he went to check something on the tv. The Master's you know!
She sat again and then got up. I suggested she pick out a book for me to read while she sits. She grabbed Runnaway bunny and I started to read. I got to 2 lines and she peed on the potty! She was soooo excited that we were so happy! We put in the big toilet, I let her flush and then we washed hands. I then brought the little chair downstairs and asked her where she wanted it. She pointed to the living room, near the tv. She played and ran around. Then she asked me where her potty was. I showed her, she sat and went AGAIN! I was so excited! She was initiating all on her own and realizing what her body was telling her to do! I have heard that some kiddos start it all on there own and I'm starting to wonder if that is how its going to be!
Then after all my appointments and new scripts were dealt with yesturday, I did the same thing. I let her run around in a long shirt with nothing on underneath. The whole concept of her pulling her underpants up and down isn't quite there yet. So I would rather her have more access to her potty chair when she needs it and not worrying about trying to take of her underwear. She went 3 times last night! She gets soooo excited and yells downstairs to justin that she went on the pottttyyyy!!!! It's so cute! She has a book that she got from her Grandma L that has little girls using their potty chairs and I point that out to her. that she is going on the potty like other little girls who are trying to be big girls! She points to them too and gets very proud!
So we are just going to keep practicing this way and taking any cues that she gives us!
She is talking a ton too. The things she says and the sentences that she imitates are amazing. She asked all WH questions and makes the silliest comments to things. I try to record her as much as I can but have been slacking on uploading them to youtube.
She got a little bowling set from my dad for her birthday and her and justin have so much fun playing with it! He even showed her how to put her fingers in the little holes! She really tries! I would think with all the bowlers in the family that she would have it somewhere in her and she does! We went bowling with some friends not too long ago and she thought it was so much fun! So who knows what her future will bring but maybe we will have a little bowler on our hands!!!
Well time to straighten up around here and then we have some running around to do! Our friend Amy is having a surprise party for her boyfriend. He is turning 30. My mom will be watching addy so it will be nice to get out of the house tonight and interact with just adults!
Love
Jamie Lynne
3 comments:
Stopping by from SMS - Your daughter is precious!! YAY! for using the potty:)
Agreed, YAY for warmer weather!
I love her pj's!! Too cute!
Post a Comment