This past Friday, Santa came to visit the kiddos at Addy's school. She was so excited that he was visiting and loved telling us that she sat on his lap! I asked her what she asked him for Christmas and she said, "Toys and Presents!" She is so sweet! This year has been especially exciting for her. She seems to understand who Santa is and what happens when we are "nice". Although when she is acting "Naughty" she doesn't care that we threaten to call Santa! When she wants to be bad there is no way she will budge!
I can't really say she has been "bad". She really is just being a typical almost 3 year old. Gosh can't believe she will be 3.5 months! She has her moments where she rules the tv, where she refuses to eat her dinner and only is hungry for cookies, she cries to try and get what she wants, but the one thing I don't like, is the hitting. Sometimes she feels that she can hit us and we will cave in and give her something. Wrong! Right to time out she goes and she usually calmes down after that. But no matter how consistant we are with her, the hitting hasn't really stopped. I know with what I do everyday at work, that we just need to keep doing what we are doing and praise her all the time for good behaviors. I think parents often forget that you need to praise your children 10 times more than you punish them/correct them. It's a lot! It's sometimes easier to leave them alone when they are being good and to acknowledge them when they are acting up. Hence reinforcing negative behaviors! There is a little 101 on behavior management! ha!
Justin had his bowling league Friday night and after school I had my JS Wilson Christmas party at the Fox and the Hound. Sound after hanging out there I came home and picked up Addy to go to the mall. We got soft pretzels and we finished my Christmas shopping! She was pretty good for the most part but wants to get out of her stroller. The problem is she won't hold my hand and I don't trust her in those crowds to stay near me.
Then Saturday I dropped Addy off at my mom's house while I checked out a new grocery store down that way. Value King. It's owned by Giant Eagle and it's kind of like an Aldi's. You bring your own bags and you have to bag stuff yourself. They have a lot of name brand stuff there and crazy deals! They even take coupons which is nice. I got a ton of stuff and only spent 85.00. I haven't shopped in about 2 weeks either so for us that is a good deal!
Well time to get ready for our Sunday activities. Ill take pictures and share when I can!
Have a warm and festive Sunday!
Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments:
Post a Comment