Sunday, February 12, 2012

Justin's game day

So today is Justin's annual computer game day with all friends.  He does this every year for his birthday!  His birthday is the 26th but he wanted it today!  So Addy and I are up and getting ready to head out on our own adventure today.  We are going to my mom's house for a little bit and then we are going to stop at my dad's house. 

I think while we are at my mom's house we are going to make sugar cookies and hang out.  At my dad's house we will also just hang out but I need my dad to look at the damage that was done to my car when the power lines fell on my car.  I went to Bonnell's and they wrote up an estimate of about $1300.00's. Since I owe on my car they said they couldn't give me the check personally but that it could be submitted to my lean holder to pay off my car if I felt that the damage really didn't need the work Bonnell's said it would need.  However, my dad informed me that since I only owe about $500 on my car that I should be getting the check anyways.  It really doesn't matter to us because we planned on paying off my car with part of our tax return money so really we would be shuffling the money around and it would all be the same in the end.  I just would get a check for about $800.00's because we have a $500 deductible on comprehensive.  So the check would go to my lean holder and then they would refund me the difference. 

Not sure how long that all will take and I think that was my dad's concern.  It would be easier for the check to be ours and then we could write a payoff amount to the bank.  The damage isn't terrible by any means.  They wrote up the damage to be buffed and repainted, etc.  So my dad wants to look at it because he knows his car guy could easily fix it. Plus our good friend Ryan is an auto body guy so he could easily make it so it won't rust out or anything. 

Justin's car is all fixed up now too and good for awhile, Thank Goodness!!  We really just need tour vehicles to last us at least a year or two.  Realistically!  Fingers crossed!  That is another thing, I would rather use some of the money I get back for my car to go towards maintenance stuff.  I know my exhaust needs work done on it and most likely 2 new tires. 

So I think we have a good plan!  Our next step is to get an estimate on our house from the anchor being ripped out of it.  The wood to the house is exposed and we don't want it to get to much weathering on it.  That no matter what will get fixed by the check we get for that.  We can't play around with that!  We are nervous though because we have alluminum siding and it's a little hard to come by.  But we will cross that bridge when we get to it! 

Okay time to finish getting ready!
Happy Sunday!
Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: