Due to my ectopic last time around, my OBGYN has been keeping a close eye on me. We found out before Memorial Day that we were expecting and I waited until the following week to call the Dr. had a good enough feeling the baby was where is should be and just wanted to have a moment of not being poked at.
So the following Thursday May 31st I had my first blood draw to check my hormone levels and to have a sono to see where the pregnancy was. I do not have a picture of that one but we saw a gestational sac in my uterus and I later got my hormone levels back too. They were 1611!!!
They had me do another draw on Monday and basically you want to see your numbers double every 48 hours (2 days) I would have been happy with 6400 but my numbers were 8140!!! I was so happy! This is happening! They had me come back that Thurs. The 7th of June to see if we could see a fetal pole or yolk sac. I would be about 5weeks5days. The picture right below that says yolk sac was taken. Everything looks great and from my sono the week before, the gestational sac had doubled in size!
I had my first prenatal visit On June 12th and my OBGYN was super thrilled with how everything has been going. She suggested I come in later that week. Thurs. to see a heartbeat. The picture right above this indicates just that! We have a baby and a beautiful heartbeat of 116 beats! I was in tears! The baby is the size of a grain of rice! So tiny! I also noticed another huge difference in my gestational sac this week compared to last. Hence the insane amount of bloat! My OB says its normal considering this is my 4th pregnancy.
I figured things were progressing since this little one likes to make its mommy feel sick throughout the day! If I do not eat before I get rumbly in my tumbly then I get super sick. I haven't actually done anything (if you know what I mean) but the feeling of it is just as bad! I am happy I have lots of symptoms but I am not used to feeling like this. With Addyson I was sick the first couple of weeks and then heartburn set in the rest of my pregnancy. I have had heartburn maybe 3 times and I am still queezy. I will be 7 weeks on Saturday.
I try to eat more carbs to stay full longer but I seriously feel like I have a 16 year old truck driver living inside of me! I can't stop eating!
We have talked to Addy about the baby here and there but she really doesn't understand completely yet. We showed her the most recent sono picture and she was like, "what!?!!!" She tells me everynow and then that she is going to help feed the baby a bottle and play with the baby. So little by little she is getting it!
Well I think that is it for now! I can't wait to finally be able to publish these updates!
Our due date is February 2, 2013!
Love,
The Lopatynski's & Baby #2~

No comments:
Post a Comment