Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Nausea and vitamins

Due to the missery of feeling sick and hungry all the time, which is quite the combo if you ask me, I called my Dr.  I have Addy home with me more during the week and trying to keep up with her and feeling the way I do just isn't working.  I told the nurse what was going on and she suggested that I stop taking my prenatal for now and to take extra B6 vitamins.  25mg 3x's a day.  If that doesn't help then I was to call them in a few days and we would try maybe Zofran which is a prescription.

So the next day, Justin, Addy and I went out to lunch and ran some errands.  (Happy Anniversary to us!  No we had a great day actually!)  One of our stops was Wegmans.  There I got my bagels, cream cheese, ginger ale, B6 and other stuff we needed.  I could not find a 25 mg vitamin but a 100mg one.  Yikes!  I talked to the pharmacist and they are precut so  I can break them in half and then in half again if I need that extra 25 mgs.  So starting that day and then every breakfast I take 50 mg right away.  I did take a 25mg a couple times around 3pm just to help me get through the rest of the day since this isn't just a morning issue.  I noticed a little difference on Sunday and by today,(tues. 6/19) I've noticed a much bigger difference!  Thank goodness!  I don't know if it's the combo of adding extra carbs to keep me full longer or what, but I'm not changing a thing!

Lately I will get all my energy into the kitchen to make dinner just to sit down, take 2 bites, and not really like it.  This makes me really unhappy!  Things aren't tasting right at all.  Ugh.  I tell yah, the beginning isn't all glow and glam!  It is all worth it but it's so hard when you know that developmentally these first 12 weeks are so important and you can't eat anything that is healthy without it making you feel worse!  I know the baby will get all of its nutrients somehow but my goodness, I want to enjoy my dinners again! 

I really don't want to complain but its an adjustment.  I love having symptoms, they are reassuring that everything is progressing the way they should!

I guess that is it for now! 
Love
The Lopatynski's & Baby #2

No comments: