Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Update on Nausea

Before our trip to Goshen I called my dr because the B6 just wasn't helping the way I thought it would. I was still getting pretty nauseous well into the evening and I just couldn't handle it anymore.  So they called in a generic Zofran which helps with nausea.  I thought it was the best thing to do especially since we were going on vacation and I didn't want to be dragging in the mud! 

So before we headed out on Tuesday, we stopped at the pharmacy, and then headed out!  We had Addyson already in her big sister tank top for our arrival too!  When we did get to my inlaws house, Tara and Sharon (mother in law) were not there but my father in law Joe was.  He noticed the shirt right away and was very happy for us!  We then got a phone call from the girls to meet them at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  They had been shopping and such.  So we loaded up the car again and headed out towards the one mall.  Once they saw Addyson and her shirt they asked if her shirt held true and we said yes!  Everyone seemed really happy for us and our news. 

I'm so happy that most of the family knows at this point.  Just a few more to go, a sono at 12 weeks, and then I can publish all of my posts!! 

I've had the zofran for a couple weeks now and some days I do not need to use it but other days I do.  Most of the time it's at night.  I hope with the inconsistant days that means its starting to tapper off but who knows!  I am still really hungry throughout the day and if I don't eat its terrible.  I'm also just a ball of raging hormones that I hate.  I snap at Justin, I loose my patients with Addyson very easily and I cry at stuff on the tv.  I know right now there are a lot of changes going on with the baby and my body but holy moly!  I want to feel energized, happy and glowy.  Any day now please! ??!!!  My energy level probably doesn't help any of my symptoms either.  Actually I'm pretty positive that it makes it all worse.  I think since I can't just nap and lay around this time around because I already have Addy makes it a little more difficult.  Sometimes I sneak a little nap in while Addy lays next to me but as soon as I really dose off, she needs something or she wants to show me something. 

Either way I know it's all for a healthy growing baby! 
Here's a little about the 11th week:

Around 11 weeks, you’ll probably notice some subtle changes like a vertical line appearing down the center of your belly (known as the linea nigra). It’s probably tough to feel calm right now, since your hormones are still haywire and you may still be feeling pretty nauseated. But know there’s a light at the end of the tunnel -- just two more weeks left in trimester one! Week 11 is a great time to start planning a babymoon: a romantic getaway with your partner. Just about everyone recommends you do this in the second trimester, since that’s when you’ll likely feel most energized (and we doubt you’ll want to do a lot of traveling once you hit trimester three). A babymoon isn’t just a cool way to celebrate your anticipation for baby’s arrival; it’s a great way to bond with your partner before baby starts taking up a ton of your time and attention. Hey, maybe you’ll also get to relax a little! So take your mind off your queasiness and start scouting some babymoon destinations. And if you need another diversion, imagine your growing baby, doing just fine in there, becoming more and more mature every day.


your baby's the size of a lime!
Your fetus is about 1.6 inches long, and she's got about a 1:1 head to body ratio. She now weighs in at about .25 ounces.




your baby at 11 weeks
  • You can't see it, but she's moving fluidly and gracefully in there.
  • Her skin is see-through, but she's on her way to looking more like a baby.
  • Her fingers and toes aren't webbed anymore.
  • Tooth buds, hair follicles and nail beds are forming.
Love
The Lopatynski's & Baby

No comments: