Saturday, October 6, 2012

23 weeks and nursery update

Today I hit 23 weeks!  Baby boy has been moving around a lot lately.  I joke that he is practicing his breast stroke in there because that is what it feels like these days!  I can seriously feel arms and legs roll across the outside of my belly!  Justin has really been loving the action too!  He finds it a little more amuzing than I do at times though!  For example, I swear I can sit down at anytime and for the most part, he is inactive. But once I sit for dinner, bam, there he is!  Swimming around in there, kicking and punching!  It's not very easy to eat your dinner when you have a little one in there moving around!  Justin just laughs at me. 
 
I've been sleeping pretty good.  I do manage to wake up a little around 330 am. but fall asleep soon after.  In the summer it took me longer to go back to sleep but thankfully not anymore!  I favor my right side when it comes to sleep, so my right hip hurts when I wake up, but the shower loosens it up.  Still moving around pretty well too.  With my job, I get plenty of exercise from moving around so much and walking the kids to different areas of the school.  We also go on 2 field trips a week and one of them is swimming.  That really feels good on my hip and joints! 
 
My heartburn has been at full force this time around.  I have to resort to Nexium which is time released. It's the only one that keeps it under control.  If I don't take that I have to take another dose of zantac 300 before bed.  Heartburn is no joke and it seriously goes up my throat and back down.  It doesn't matter what I eat either. 
 
I've been slowly getting baby boy some clothes and Ive managed t get some good deals!  It's so strange trying to buy for him at times too because I still find myself wanting to go towards the girl stuff!  I am so used to buying girl stuff that I have had a hard time moving one section over! lol.  I have found that I am a little picky about certain characters or colors.  Like for example, I have never been a fan of orange or lime green, let alone  paired together!  ick!  I just don't care for it!  I also don't like little monster characters and sometimes the sporty stuff gets to me. (footalls, baseballs, etc)  I just want it to be tasteful. I know they are babies and who cares, but I do, and I did the same thing when Addy was little. 
 
There are always going to be really cute baby clothes ad there are going to be ones that some just don't care for!  It's the way it is! 
 
 
Here I am at 23 weeks!  
Here is the nursery! I am so happy with the way it turned out and I love the room that is in there now!  Having the twin bed in there made it impossible for there to be an area for play and for rocking/nursing.
The changing dresser.  I found this mirror at Walmart and I fell in love with it right away.  I knew it would go great with what I was trying to accomplish.  Actually the lamp shades, curtains, mirror and canvas boxes are all from Walmart! 
I got an organzier just like Addy has in her room.  I ended up covering the glider cushions with the pillow shams that we had for the 2 twin beds before it became the nursery!  I just thought of it one morning and tried it! What did I have to loose!?!!  It's way softer material than what is underneath it too. The fabric was so scratchy and not really apealing! 
 Justin really likes the way the room turned out too.  He laughed when he saw it all done and asked what I was going to do until February now!  I told him there is still plenty to do and I always find other things to work on!  He agreed on that!
 
Well time to unwind and relax for the night! 
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
 
Love
Jamie Lynne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Jamie!