Back up a little to where they pick up Addy. We decided to head up to TGIFridays for our own dinner out. Heck, it was going to be the last time we went to dinner without 2 children! We were taking advantage of it! We had a nice time and Justin and I really had a good time reflecting on everything leading up to the night before we brought home our second child, our son!
When we got home, I did shower and dry my hair. That way I could get up early and finish getting ready but not worry about the showering part. It worked out really well too. I finished packing my bag (yeah I know, I was pushing it!) and got everything that I could near the front door so we didn't forget anything. I created a hospital activity bag for Addyson. (Coloring books, Art box filled with markers and crayons, fruit snacks, juice boxes, and her gifts from baby brother. Dora Rocks wooden puzzles and her new Dora Rocks Microphone). I circled around the house and made sure it was pretty tidey for when Justin and Addy were home without me and then headed to bed. I got a good 5 hours of sleep before my alarm went off.
January 28, 2013
The morning went somewhat fast until it was actually time to leave! Time started to slow down just a bit and we eventually headed out. We had a bit of a warm up and had some freezing rain through the night but nothing that made the roads too dangerous.
We checked into registration at the Women's Hospital and headed to the pre-op/recovery room. There I met my nurse, got vitals, IV, heart monitors for baby, and eventually the dreaded catheder. The nurse waited up until surgery to put it in so I wasn't too uncomfortable. Still sucked. But thanks nurse. I know you tried! Justin and I played around on our phones, chatted and waited. I was having some strange pains when the nurse was asking me about my medical history and it gradually got more intense. She looked at the monitor and told me that I was having a contraction. I actually went into labor that morning! We are pretty sure that we picked the right date to bring him into this world! I seriously had contractions about every minute-minute in a half. I had them even while waiting for my spinal to kick in while laying on the OR table!
Last baby bump photo! 39 weeks 2 days
When my dr came in to check on me before the OR she noticed I was in labor and made sure that the baby was responding okay to the contractions. His heartrate was good each time and we were off to surgery!
The spinal went in even better than when I had Addy. I think I was arched much better this time and I slowly waited for it to take effect. They put the curtain up and before I knew it Justin was at my side! Within seconds of him coming in, we heard our son take his first breath and first cry at 7:49 AM. I instantly started crying. Justin got pictures right away and then nurse brought him around to show us our new baby. He was beautiful and I could tell he was much tinier than his big sister!
Everything went pretty by the book in the OR. They weighed him right there,7 pounds 5 ounces, did his Apgar test (9/9), and cleaned him off. They made sure Justin was with him the entire time too. That hospital is all about the parents being with their newborns through everything. Which I found very comforting.
Justin and Camden went to my recovery room while I got stiched up. However, my body had other plans. What should have taken maybe anyother 20 minutes, ended up taking another hour. After my dr. stitched up my uterus and then put the steris strips over my skin, she pushes down on my incision with a surgical towel and watches for bleeding and oozing. (sorry their term not mine) Well I kept oozing. So before I knew it, they were taking blood from me to check my vitals, giving me clotting meds, putting the curtain back up and paging the assisting dr. Crap. What the hell was happening! Not for a second was I actually worried though. My dr. came around to me and explained that sometimes babies do a little more damage while in utero than we plan. I ended up needing a few me stitches on my uterus and then I was good. I did end up loosing a significant amount of blood though but not enough to need a transfusion.
In between all that Justin was starting to get worried in the recovery room. Here he is with our brand new son and I was no where to be found, hadn't been back in the time they told him and no one really knew anything. Eventually my nurse did come to the OR to see what was going on and let him know breifly what happened and that the dr. would be out to talk to him.
I eventually got to recovery around 915 am. It was so good to see Justin and Camden! I had to be in recovery for 2 solid hours because of what happened but it didn't matter because we were all together. When we had Addy at the other hospital, she would have been in the nursery the whole time with or without Justin. So I'm glad that he had him to help him through with the wait. Eventually 11:15 am came around and the staff started to get my transfer up to my acutual room going. I was pushed in my bed and Justin pushed Camden in his little bassinet up to our room!
Part Two coming later!
Love,
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment