Wow Camden you are already one month away from being a half a year old!
You have been the best baby for mommy and daddy!
You go to bed around 8-820 and wake up about 730 now that you don't gave to go to daycare! Mommy is so lucky to have the summer off with you and your sister! It's been going really well and it helps that you are so go with the flow!
Your morning nap is probably your best nap of the day. Sometimes you sleep for 3 hours!
Since your 4 month well check we started you on cereal. It's a good way to practice the spoon and for your to break the tongue reflex that forces things out of your mouth. As soon as you got the hang of swallowing from a spoon there hasn't been any turning back! You love eating!
Typically after your morning bottle, I let you sit in your bouncer to digest, and then after I work out, I feed you a fruit mixed with oatmeal! Then after your breakfast we play or exercise you! Soon after that you go down for your morning nap!
Some foods we have tried and you seem to like them all:
Sweet potatoes
peaches
applesauce
pears-you really love these mixed with oatmeal
squash
green beans
carrots
I've been slowly adding solids during the day. You always get a fruit and oatmeal around breakfast time. I was also always giving you a veggie at dinner time when we eat at the table. Lately you have been indicating that you want more so I'll give you a half container of a fruit. The past few days I have been giving you a veggie around lunch time before your second nap for the day (around 130 then nap at 2) This seems to be going well and will probably keep you on this track.
I'm not sure how much you weigh or how long you are. We will know around 6 months. But you are wearing 6 month clothing now and your 3 month onesies are getting a little snug. So you def. have grown in length!
You are so happy and smiling all the time. You talk the most while getting your diaper changed which you seem to enjoy! You express a lot through your eyes and eyebrows!
When you wake up in the morning you just make noises in your crib and start to look around. You don't get too upset actually. You know someone will get to you soon!
You seem to put yourself to sleep pretty well. As long as you are sleepy you seem to go right down. You look around, see that its your bed, and then you place one hand over your eyes and the other hand gently rubs the back of your head (while on belly). It's the sweetest thing! I like to rock you a little more for night time and play soft music for you. But as soon as you are pretty much out, I lay you in your crib. You sleep through the night and sooth yourself if you wake up by sucking on your thumb.
You still are working on rolling over from your back to belly. You get yourself over and then your elbow gets in the way - sending you back to your back! If we help you a little and allow your core to work, you get all the way over! We also are working on sitting. We practice sitting in your bumbo seat a few times a day and also continue tummy time.
You have started to like playing in your play gym too, the one that jumps! We have to line it with a heavier blanket to help keep you more upwright but you like it for about 15 minutes. Usually I move it near the kitchen from the dinning room and you play in there while I prep dinner and get it started.
You really enjoy your bath time too. You kick like no other and talk then too!
Your hands are always in your mouth and you like holding items now too!
We love you so much Camden John! We cannot wait to see what the next month brings!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:
Post a Comment