Saturday, June 1, 2013
Our favorite things 3-4 months
1. Boogie Wipes
These little gems were around when Addy was a baby but honestly I didn't understand all the hype about them. I received a packet in a gift before Camden was born and I've been hooked ever since! I've tried the fresh scent and now the grape. They both are pleasantly nice and they work like a charm! They are made with saline and are super gentle on their little noses. They not only condition the skin around the nose but they actually seem to help draw out the crud. I use these in conjuction with the infamous nose sucker.
2. Ayr Saline
Lately with the weather changes and colds,Camden needs nose drops throughout the day, and especially before bed. He flinches at times but it really does help keep his nose from drying out and it sooths it. I've also used it in one nostril and then sucked out the other side. It acts like a nettie pot in a way. Typically I wipe and suck everything I can and then I put some drops in. It seems to do the trick and he knows that soon after he will be abe to breath better.
3. Boppy Pillow
What is so fabulous about the boppy pillow is that it's not just for feeding them as infants. But lately we have been practicing sitting up. In the next month or so he will really be able to hold himself in a sitting position and it will help prevent him from having a hard fall. I loved this trick when Addy was a baby. It really helped her learn to sit up and I knew if I had to go in another room for a second that if she did tip over, she would be protected from the floor a little more than if she wasn't using the pillow around her.
4. Fisher Price Rock n Chair
This comes in handy in the evenings especially when he is a little sleepy after his dinner time feeding. This allows us to eat dinner most nights in peace and it keeps him upright so he doesn't have any spit up issues. He is really enjoying the toy bar in front of him now that he has discovered his hands more.
5. Munchkin bottle drying rack
Again these were one of those things that I didn't even consider when Addy was a baby. However, after visiting my sister in Pittsburgh, saw that she used one, and I saw how great it was-I decided to get one. It is extremely nice to have out. I was washing his daycare bottles by hand every night and just putting them on a big ole towel. Not the best method but it worked. However the look of it was not the nicest. It looked like organized chaos. The rack traps all the water that drips from the bottles and it doesn't trap an moister in them because air flow is able to get through all items. They even have a spot for the little round air disks that are in my bottles! It's a nice sanitary area to dry bottles, bottle brush, binkies, teethers, (I've melted some in the dishwasher in the past so I handwash those) and even medicine droppers.
6. Nose Sucker
It is what it is! You all know what it does and honestly Camden really doesn't seem to mind it. Again I think he has learned that he will be able to breath better after I get stuff out of his nose. It really goes well with the boogie wipes and saline.
7. Mam Teether
For most that know me, they know that I am a huge Mam fan. I have loved the brand since having our daughter in 2009. They created this teether for 2 months and up with a clip so your baby doesn't drop it on the floor. How great is that!?!! Camden holds it well and it fits in his mouth just fine. He prefers it warm still and does not care for it cold. It also is supposed to each further back in their mouths to help when their molars and other back teeth start to come in. I know there are other brands out there that are starting to do the same which is awesome. I remember how hard it was for Addy to sooth her gums with a big ole teether. She couldn't get it back there and she would end up chewing on her fingers.
8. Graco Deco Highchair
I love this highchair for the simple fact that it seriously folds up in half and that it reclines back allowing your not so great sitter upper to lounge in a higher position. He has been doing much better in it now and he reaches and grabs at the toys on his tray. That's another great thing about this chair. The one tray comes off and then you can use the tray that is underneath while you clean the other one. It is also dishwasher safe. It also has a head pillow like you would find in their carseats. This helps Camden from tipping side to side. The only complaint about this and other graco products is the way you buckle them in. It's like a puzzle and when they get squirmy it gets a little tricky.
So there you have it. Our top most favorites right now. I didn't mention his playgyms that lays on the floor but he does still really enjoy being under that. Especially now that he is playing more with the objects that are above him.
Love
Jamie Lynne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment