On Sunday October 13th we had Camden Dedicated at our church.
Justin's parent's and cousin came up, along with my Aunt, Uncle, Mom and Dad.
It was a beautiful service that incorporated the Dedication of 17 babies! They have a small slide show of your baby as your coming onto stage and then they read a prayer and the meaning of your child's name.(which sadly I cannot remember. It was overwhelming on the stage!) We will get all this information in a couple of weeks to keep at home. They have the whole service taped and we get a complimentary copy.
What does it mean to dedicate your child to God?
Christian parents who dedicate a child are making a promise to the Lord to do everything within their power to raise the child in a godly way, prayerfully until he or she can make a decision on his or her own to follow God. Parents who make this vow of commitment are instructed to raise the child in the ways of God, and not according to their own ways.
- "As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there. 1 Samuel 1:26-28
- I like this quote because when you dedicate your child you are giving thanks back to God. He gave you such a wonderful gift, a blessing, and it only makes sense to us that we thank Him in return. That we do all we can to walk our children towards a trusting relationship with God.
We also had Addyson dedicated 4 years ago at the same church. She really enjoyed church and all the songs. Now that she is showing more interest in church, I think I'm going to make more of an effort in taking her. They have a great children's service that they get dismissed to right after we are done singing. She has been asking more questions as we have encountered more "heaven" talk with the events that have happened recently. We pray, we talk about God, but I don't feel that I am "teaching" her the right way.
After the service, we all headed back to our house for a celebration. We had chicken, augratin potatoes, salad, rolls, cupcakes, and coffee! My Great Aunt came up once we were back at the house too. It was a nice family visit of two families. It always makes me so happy when a family "married" to each other can all get together and have a great time. Plus we were celebrating Camden and you seriously cannot be unhappy around him!
God Bless you Camden John!
Love,
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment