Tuesday, January 7, 2014

She's turning into a little lady

The other day I took both kiddos to the grocery store with me which isn't totally uncommon. However, Addy decided she wanted to shop with us instead of going to the play area for kids. I told her about the new grocery carts they had there and that her and Camden would have fun riding in them.   

They both thought it was the bees knees and were so good the whole time we shopped!  I don't think I have shopped with both kids ever because of WKids!  So for me that was a surreal moment. I'm shopping at wegmans with both of my kids.  I'm not just a regular shopper seeing other mom's shopping with their kids. I'm not what usually appears a mom of one shopper either.  
It felt pretty good. Maybe mostly because they both were really good?! But either way it was a great shopping trip!  
I was surprised how well Camden sat in the cart!  He held onto the steering wheel and everything!  


As we were leaving Wegman's I asked Addy if she wanted to get hot chocolate from Starbuck's because she did such a great job shopping with us.  (shopping hasn't always been a good experience in the past with her) She of course said yes and we headed that way.  I got my coffee and she got her cocoa.  The radio was on and I was flipping through it. Addy had me stop on the one station.  It was Justin Beiber.  I left it for her and as I heard her little voice sing his song and as she held her Starbucks, it hit me.  She is no longer my little baby.  

She is this super silly and amazing kid!  
I'm really loving and embracing this age.  She will be 5 in March and it really has been a much smoother transition than any other age.  Last summer we had some pretty big out bursts and starting prek was rough at first too.  However, there has been noticable growth in her recently.  Something that both Justin and I are really enjoying.  She has really nice conversations with us, she is a big helper, she is getting way more independent with her night routine, she is getting better with hearing "no" and will say, 'ok, tomorrow I'll watch that or have more of ------'.  She is becoming a little lady and has her own unique style and silliness.  She does awesome on all school work and her teachers adore her.  She makes connections and friends at school.  

Now it's not all rainbows and butterfly's but I will say there are way more of those days than not. And that makes my heart happy!  

Love,
Jamie Lynne

1 comment:

Kristin Isaacson said...

So sweet!! And Momma to Momma I could cry with you because your baby is almost 5. It seriously seems like yesterday she was born and yet here we are weeks away from Camden already being 1! They look so cute sitting there together I could just eat them both! They are both such blessings and I am also so proud of Addy the way she carries herself at such a young age. At Christmas she was so protective of Rilyn, its so cute. I could cry about it, happy tears of course. And Cam... Cam is just a ball of love, its impossible not to smile around him! You have so much to be proud of in both of them :) Love you!!