Monday, December 30, 2013

Camden John 11 Months

How did this happen?  You were just a teeny tiny little baby and now we are one month away from you becoming a one year old!?  Time surely has flown but honestly I have been enjoying every crazy fast bit of it!

You are 21.6 pounds and 29 inches long (we were at dr's a week before the 28th)
You eat like a champ and only dislike very few items. Pineapple and orange. Which is kind of expected right now because citrus is stronger. You have been using a fork a lot more lately. You even managed to poke a carrot the other day!  You looked at it and then grabbed it with your other hand!  If I hand you a fork with food on it, you get it to your mouth, eat it, and then hand me the fork back for me to put more food on it!  You are using a sippy cup more and more everyday. You get one actual bottle a day and that's usually your night bottle. Sometimes I switch that up on you and you do pretty well.  You are also starting to transition to whole milk now since you tolerate other dairy products so well. (cheese and yogurt)

I still prefer to make you most of your food. But sometimes that doesn't always happen. The only jarred food you get is stage 3 and its any meat combo or chicken noodle soup by gerber.  We recently tried the pasta pick ups and due to them being "slimy" I did not buy more. You barely swallowed one whole the other day and it kind of got stuck. That scared us!  So I found a cheese and spinach ravioli in the freezer section and you really like those. They don't get the same wetness that the gerber ones do.

Your speech and language has been taking off more too. Words you say are:
mama
dadda
aaaaaa (when we try Addy)
Nuna
Papa (sometimes)
Baba (for your bottle)
Your trying bye bye while you wave
starting to say Hi
T sound
G sound
Your blowing raspberries and motor movements with your lips. So you are working mouth muscles that will be needed to make other sounds.
You respond very well to your name (have been since about 4 months)
You respond to no. By that I mean you look at me when I say it, smile, and try to go back to same thing again!  Sometimes you actually stop though.
You understand us when we say, "where is sissy?" you usually run (a very fast crawl for you) over to Addy!

You play very well. You are able to independently play for about 5-10 minutes before crawling around to see what I'm up to. Depending on what toy you have, you can go a little longer but even when you are near me, you always find something to entertain yourself! You have been figuring out how doors/cupboards work and you are starting to stack objects more. You love to throw things too!

You always need something in your hand. A marker, a binkie, a spatula, a ball, a doctor kit toy.  We can always hear you coming because it always hits the hardwood or tile when your crawling!  I'm excited for Christmas because I can tell you are getting a little bored with some of the littler toys. Your Aunt Kristin got you a walkness monster and you have been walking with that more and more too!

Speaking of walking, you have been using the furniture very well to cruise around. You always use the couch, or the recliner to the tables, the kitchen cabinets and the dinning room chairs.  If you can be up and standing while holding onto something, you are.

You are an active little boy for sure who is out to explore every chance you get! It's been so fun and neat to watch your take on things rather than the way your sister did them.  You are impossible to get dressed sometimes and diapers, let's not go there, it's like I'm wrestling with a crocodile!




                                                  



You are a happy baby boy and I hope that never changes. You make our home and hearts so happy.  We love you so much Camden John!  Happy 11 months!
Love
Mommy & Daddy

No comments: