Saturday, January 21, 2012

Addy Bear

Addy is getting so big these days and doing so many big girl things!


She has gotten really good at counting out loud with her fingers and she even acts like her teacher when she does it!  She has Justin and I do it and then she tells us "Good Job!"  

She has not had an accident in over a month, at least!!!  

She is starting to imitate things we draw and she tries really hard to do it on her own.  She can make her own version of a smiley face and a sun!  

Her language and questions have always been impressive, if I do say so myself!! Sometimes she is a little too smart for her own good.  Hense the explosive temper tantrums we have at times!

Her sign language vocabulary is very good too.  She watches signing time every Wednesday at school and every evening she tells us the signs she learned.  

That is probably one of the greatest things about her language development and understanding.  Being able to have a conversation with her and her ask questions back to us.  

She still enjoys helping out in the kitchen and she loves helping me with the laundry!  She hands me stuff out of the basket or she will put it in the washer herself.  Then when things need to go into the dryer, I hand her the stuff to go into it! 

She will also pick up the laundry on the floor, if there is any in our room or in the bathroom, and put it in the hamper.  "I gotta clean mommy"!  

She does get a little stir crazy at night sometimes, so we tell her to run her laps around the house, and she does! It helps her burn off the energy!  I have a feeling this summer is going to be a very busy one with her! 
Last summer she was still learning to do so many things outside and I know this summer she will be able to do so much more.  Especially with her new barbie jeep!  

My dream is to get her some kind of swing set put up this spring. But we will see how the hubby feels about that!  They make tasteful ones now and then we could take the little tikes rockwall set to my mom's for her backyard.  

Well time to get going. I've been wanting to make banana bread for the past couple of days!  Perfect snowy morning to do it!

Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: