Saturday, January 7, 2012

Disney on Ice

Today we are going to drive to Cleveland and see Disney on Ice!  We are so excited to take Addyson to see the princess' skate on ice!  I showed her a clip last night on the computer and she loved it!  I will make sure to take pictures and video of this special trip! 

Its beautiful and sunny here this morning.  Thursday we had a record high of 52 degrees and yesturday was sunny and 45!  I love this winter.  One week we get some snow and  then it warms up.  The back and forth I can handle! 

Addy had a pretty good week back at daycare.  She had a couple moments with the teacher where she talked backed.  Welcome to our world at home.  Justin and I are really working on trying to nip that in the butt.  Zero tolerance for it and straight to time out. No chances.  I don't want a bratty, snotty little girl in my house. I get that she is almost 3 and will try us at times but there is no excuse for the mouth and the hitting that she does.  She is getting a little better and we have really bumped up the positive praise for when she does something good. 

I also had to implement a schedule for at night with her because she has been up so late this week and it drives me crazy.  So many kids go to bed 745-815.  Not Addy.  Once this week it was 11!  That is not acceptable.  She needs her sleep and now that she gets up early to get ready for school, she really needs it.  She likes reading her schedule to us and she follows it pretty well.  She still has difficulties getting herself to sleep at a descent time.  So to help her get sleepy and get her body to slow down and not want to play.  We give her the tiniest amount of melatonin in her cup.  (3 mg cut into fourths, 1/4 goes in her juice)  It was okay'd by her pedi.  I'm hoping with sticking to the new schedule and with a little help of the natural supplement, she will be on her way to not needing that. 

I also have noticed that she has been eating a lot more and because she is wakeful in the night again, she might be going through another growth spurt.  Her teacher even noticed her naps weren't as long as they usually are.  So again, hopefully this all will end in a couple of weeks.  Babies do this when they are babies and toddlers do the same. When they learn a new skill, they want to use it, and they feel that sleeping gets in the way of it.  You just have to make the daytime really count!!

Well I better get going!  Some stuff to do before getting ready!! 

Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: