Yesturday I had my prenatal visit! I got to hear baby boys heartbeat and my OB happily said it was a healthy one! I always love hearing his little heart beating away. It makes me smile so much. I can't believe that in 6 short weeks he will be here and we will get to meet him! It's so sureal!
We talked about my gestational diabetes and she looked at my log book. She said my numbers look really great and that to just continue checking my levels and bring my book with me to appointments. They will then look at what I've logged and go from there. She did say that if I start having a lot of high numbers that I need to call the office and they will have me come in to see what is going on. Not really sure what that means but I think I will be okay.
I told her my numbers have been normal after breakfast but still at the high end. She told me that even though the dietician said a small juice sized OJ was ok that I could mix it with water to get the juice flavor but help with the sugars. I don't know why I didn't think of doing that for myself when I do that with Addy everyday! I tried it this morning with a breakfast that has been giving me a high number (multigrain english muffin with peanut butter) and my number was 107 after one hour! So it did help to dilute the OJ!
We are still on schedule for January 28th being the big day and I happily stayed at my current weight! Even though some people think I am ready to pop at any given day, I feel that I am much smaller than I was with Addyson. I need to take a picture too.
The doctor even gave me a Christmas present this year! She told me not to worry about testing my sugars a few days around Christmas and that I can even have some Christmas cookies! Honestly, that was the best news to me! Ha! It's the little things!
Well time to get going. We have a big evening ahead of us. Addyson is having her first sleepover away from home tonight! She is staying at my dad's house with my stepmom and half sister. They are picking her up, taking her to dinner and then going back to their house to have some fun. She has been talking about it all week and seems very excited! I am doing okay today. Thinking about it during the week did make me a little emotional but I'm okay now. I just feel guilty not being their when she falls asleep, I'm hormonal, there are so many changes coming up and I just want her to not feel that we dont want her at home. Silly thoughts I know. But this is our first time doing this!
Hopefully all goes well, which I"m sure it will, and then she can sleep there the night before we have baby boy. We have to report to the hospital so early and it would be easier for Addy to sleep at my Dad's. If it doesn't work out, then my stepmom said she would be happy to come over aroud 430 in the morning and wait for Addy to wake up. She works at a nursing home and is used to getting up early.
So regardless we have a plan that will work out the night before we have him!
Love
Jamie Lynne
1 comment:
I'm so glad you have a plan. sorry you're dealing w/the whole blood sugar thing but yay for Christmas cookies!
Post a Comment