We have started the 3rd week of back to school/work and the normal run of things. It's been challenging. It's had its up's and down's but we are all adjusting just fine! We've had to set better routines and filter out things that weren't needed every night.
Addy has had good and bad days with going back. It's hard going back to school after having a whole summer off with mommy and brother. But she is starting to enjoy school more and realizing that I am at work too; not at home. There are new rules in PreK and new teachers. They demand more from her and they expect nothing but the best from her at times. She mainly rebels against naps however, she is the first one to fall asleep!
Camden is doing great. He had a little cold after the first week but he's only been in daycare 8 weeks his whole little life! So now that we are over that adjustment he is thriving well there! He eats breakfast and lunch there on top of his 2 bottles! He loves the new toys and playing on the floor with the other babies.
I've adjusted somewhat ok. Staying home had its moments of hard, fun, good, bad, etc. So once I got the hand of it and a really good routine, it was time to go back. One thing that I noticed that is really helping, is the fact that I don't have my second job after school hours. Some days I come home and workout/get dinner started and chores out of the way. Other days I leave work and go straight to daycare to get the kiddos.
The nights we eat early are so nice. We are able to all sit in the living room after dinner and play together as a family. Then baths start, lunches packed, coffee pot set, and bed for the baby. Addy stays up a little later and its a nice time for her to have with us. Sometimes chores run a little longer but I always make sure that's a couple times a week.
Justin has been doing good in the mornings too. He was spoiled this summer with getting up and going straight to work so it was an adjustment for him as well. Camden gets up and ready very easily. Addy not so much! We have to get created and fun with her but she has been a trooper. While I feed Camden, he finishes packing Camden's bottle bag and loads the car with book bags and lunch boxes. He puts Camden in the car seat and I get Addy's shoes on. We all try to leave the same time (730ish).
Now that we are more settled in our new routine, I'm looking forward to fall and to see/hear about all the new things Addyson is learning in PreK! Camden I'm sure is going to keep growing way to fast and I'll just have to suck it up and enjoy it! I can't wish he was a little itty bitty baby forever but enjoy all that he is growing into!
Love,
Jamie Lynne

1 comment:
it's so bittersweet to see them grow so quickly!
Post a Comment