The flu hit our home Friday. It started with me and then late Saturday evening Addy said her stomach hurt and wouldn't you know. She had it too.
Since I'm not a rookie in the your kid has the flu department. I thought I would jot down some things that have really helped when it comes to our little ones getting the flu.
1. Your spouse needs to become both the mom and the dad. -for the other child or for when you have the flu.
2. I made sure to wipe everything down with Clorox wipes and to spray rooms with Lysol spray. (That was as soon as I felt somewhat human again)
3. Get a small garbage can lined with grocery bags. Sometimes I double line to be safe of any holes. Place near child.
4. I always have Addy in bed with me so I can be right there to help her when she wakes up. I get our bed ready with a beach towel, folded in half, and laid across the pillow area, and then I put a water proof cloth down as well. *if child's hair is long, pull it up so it's out of the way.
5. Lysol, tissues, and garbage can with extra baggies are in my room next to bed.
6. I leave the TV on for lighting. That way when she sits up there is no guessing where she is and I can just grab the garbage can.
7. After she is done, she always needs to wipe her chin. That is where the tissues come in hand. Once done it goes in garbage can and I tie it up, toss in hall, reline garbage can, spray Lysol in can and in room, wash hands, and try to sleep before the next round.
8. 7 gets repeated quite a bit throughout the night.
9. There were a couple of times where she goes to the toilet. After we are done there, she washes hands, goes lay down, and I take a Clorox wipe and wipe the toilet down. Spray room with Lysol.
10. Next morning. We sip powerade and pray that it stays down. I also re clean a lot of items and make sure that house is clean. Everyone's bedding gets washed and put back on beds.
So there you have it. My small guide to what has worked for us when Addy gets the flu which has been a few times now.
Love,
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment