Saturday, December 21, 2013

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup for baby

I made the kids noodles the other night for dinner. (Addy doesn't do red sauce) I had a bunch left over and saved it to make soup. Camden loved it and it turned out pretty yummy!

What you need:
low sodium chicken broth (I used just a can)
A can of chicken breast (mine are from sam's club) I used half of it because it was a small batch (saved other half for something else I can make him-like chicken and rice with cream of mushroom soup or alfredo ?)
Nugget noodles from Wegman's but any noodle that your child can chew or pick up will do.
*it cut time by having them already cooked from a previous dinner
Carrots and peas or any veggie your child likes

I had frozen carrot slices so I cooked in microwave for 30 secs so I could cut them up 
I put all ingredient's in a pot and let it simmer for about 8-10 minutes on a low to medium setting. 
I put a little onion powder and basil in for a little more flavor and color. 

Some of the broth simmered out but that's ok. You can serve it more soupy or not. I gave him the noodles to pick up himself and fed him the chicken with veggies. 

It was so easy and fast!  Plus it's a good and healthy dinner for your young toddler to enjoy!  
Serve with come crackers too or gold fish!

Love 
Jamie Lynne

No comments: