Thursday, February 6, 2014

Kind of over winter

To say I'm over this winter is kind of an understatement. I typically do not mind the season.  Born and raised where I'm from and you get used to it and I really do enjoy having 4 seasons.  However this year took it to a new level.  It's been beyond cold and we keep getting dumped on with snow.  So much that no one can keep up with it let alone pull into their own driveways. 

I came home yesterday from work to find that there was no way that I would be able to pull in due to the plows and then all the snow that piled in on top of it.  I power shoveled like no other and go it done. It doesn't look pretty but we were able to park in our own driveway!

The snow they called for was a little late arriving yesterday too. This is a picture from the news.  This was the one exit off the high way near our Mall.  Visibility was horrible from about 830-11 am.  There were many people stuck, extremely slow driving conditions and the roads were terrible. Plows had a difficult time keeping up with it due to the slow traffic and the morning commute. 

There is some beauty during this crazy polar vortex or whatever they are calling it today.  Our beach with ice caps. 
 
If it could just warm up a little and keep the snow to a minimum that would be great!  I have heard that with cold winters like this we could have a hot summer.  Let's hope its not a heat vortex or we all will melt!
 
Love,
Jamie Lynne

No comments: