Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Things I have mastered as a mom.

With Camden teething and Addy having a hard time waking up in the morning due to her being too cold, I have officially  mastered getting ready with an ankle cling on and dressing a 4 year old while she continues to lay under the covers.  If you would have asked me these things 7 years ago when we got married I would never have thought I would be good at those things.


My morning buddy.  Always getting passed the baby locks and going through our stuff.  I've mastered getting ready with out trampling him.  It's how we roll.  Whatever, we all get ready, on time, the best way we can!


It's amazing the things that become second nature to you as a mom, a parent, a care taker.  I find myself in a weird dance that flows as if I'm doing ballet. It's a weird feeling.  I know you mom's out there know what I mean.  I could be making dinner, unloading dishwasher, and know that any minute the kids will be home, so I go to the fridge and get their cups of milk ready, and then go back into dinner and the dishwasher.  I don't miss a beat.  It keeps flowing.  

I've mastered how to get the kids in and out of the car in a good flow.  Picking up kids at daycare.  Making alternative dinners that go with our dinner- if that  makes any sense.  Packing all three of our lunches at night.  Starting a load of laundry at night and putting laundry away after bath time- while they play in their rooms.  I've also mastered getting dinner started, working out, then packing lunches before I leave to go and get the kids from daycare- if its my turn to get them.  I try to have everything done before the kids get home so I can play with them after dinner and before bath.  

I also have mastered getting myself ready with barely looking in a mirror, and praying that I look presentable as I walk into work.
I will say, Justin does help me get them ready but lately the tables have turned and the kids want mommy. Camden will let Justin dress him but as soon as he is done, he is at my side.  Addy used to get ready by Justin but now she wants mommy to do it.  So see, that is why I have mastered what I have mastered.  Because they need me.  And that's ok.

It's ok because as many of my fellow bloggers have mentioned in their own posts; someday they won't need me.  Right now they do.  One day I'm not going to be busy, dropping off, picking up, doing laundry, packing lunches, wiping noses, fixing boo boo's, painting nails, doing hair, rubbing lotion on clean bathed bellies, giving them medicine and love to make them feel better, tickling their toes, comforting them while they cry, giving extra hugs, playing candyland, listening to performances, and the list can go on and on.  

Someday I'm going to miss all of this and that in a way makes me sad.  It makes me realize how I need to try and slow down the best that I can.  To take it all in.  To really interact and engage with my children.  Because they are not going to need me in this way forever.  Sure it will change and turn into something else but I won't be "mommy".  

I love my babies and I am so lucky that I have been chosen to be their mommy.  
Embrace the crazy, the good, the sad, and the choas.  Someday your home will be more quiet and you will think back on these days and miss them with a smile.  

Love, 
Jamie Lynne

No comments: