So I started something new with Addyson at her bedtime. We go upstairs and read two stories in her rocking chair, then we say a prayer, kiss her goodnight, and the I lay her in her crib. She cries of course but by the time I'm downstairs she is quiet! I'm hoping once she is used to this more, she won't cry and she will just go right down. This has been a work in progress! I really enabled a lot of this but I'm sorry, she is only little once and I'm never going to get this time back with her; ever! For me, I have always had a futuristic plan with her and slowly weaning on holding her, rocking her, etc. There is a difference between what I am doing and what others do for many many years. Not saying that they are in the wrong, it's just what works best for them in their family. Some still have 5 year olds sleeping with them and using binkies. I have plans, I always have plans!!!
Anyway's, Justin came home yesturday! I had inservices all day and then I picked up Addyson from school. When I checked the time, I decided that we could surprise him at the airport and meet him at the terminal! I parked my car in a neighborhood that basically shares their backyard with the airport and we were able to see his plane land. I told Addyson that daddy was here and pointed to his plane. She would point to the sky and say "dadda!" My heart melted.
I then left that area and headed for the 15 minute parking at the airport. Luckily I was one block over from the airport! We go in and I check the screen to see if that was his plane and it was! We walked over to wait and within a few minutes I saw Justin's white hat but he didn't see me! hehehe. I put Addyson down and told her to go get daddy! People cleared through(not many there, it is the smallest airport known to man!) and she ran to him with open arms! he saw her coming and he was so excited to see her!!!! He scooped her right up and of course I got teary eyed watching all of this! I just remembered how sad he was to leave her and to come home right to her was the best thing! He was so surprised and happy to see us!
She was so cute too. After we hugged and kissed, he really needed to use the bathroom so we walked over near the bathrooms and luggage area. He handed her to me and she kept yelling "dadda, dadda"! I had to reassure her that he wasn't leaving and he would be right back! She didn't want him leaving again! She loves her daddy so much :)
We then went to dinner and had a nice time. He told me all about the PGA tournament and how he actually saw Tiger Woods many times! He had a great time with his Dad and cousin Drew. Some nice guy time!
We went home and he played with Addyson for a little bit and then we relaxed the rest of the night. It was nice to have him home :)
Love
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment