Sunday, May 15, 2011

Autism Walk



The 10th Annual Walk for Autism was April 30th down at Presque Isle! Addy and I participated in the walk along with 2500 other walkers! The day turned out beautifully and even though it was a little chilly along the lake, it was done for a great cause! I believe the ending amount raised was almost $65,000.00!








Addy & I before the walk!

My good friend Emily & I


More friends! Nicole R., Emily *& I


















Addy got her face painted there too! They had a ton of cute stuff set up for the kiddos! They had bouncy stuff, arts & crafts, face painting and the playground.















My friend Nicole M & I!











The tshirts that we are all wearing are shirts that I worked on with one of our high school autism ambassadors. Its a club that we have at our school that supports autism awareness and promotes reverse inclusion. (regular education students/peers come into special education classrooms and interact with our students)


Nicol M and Emily work closely with ambassadors from California and implement our club into McDowell! We work really closely with high school seniors and juniors through out the entire school year. We are creating more awareness in our school and community than ever before! During training sessions, they learn what is expected of our students and what is good/bad behavior. They also learn how to respond to our students and how to be a great friend to them too! The seniors and juniors that we have really enjoy this club and our students love having "teenagers" in our room! They love getting help from them while completing their work, they love the social interaction, which carries over during the lunch hour when our guys sit with the ambassadors, & they really get that sense of acceptance amongst their peers!
Sorry I didn't share ealier but we have been super busy! Hope you enjoyed the pictures!


Love


Jamie lynne

No comments: