Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Fun

This weekend was so beautiful out! Saturday I went down to my mom's with Addyson for lunch.  My nana lyle came down for some fun too!  It was nice seeing her, since I haven't seen her since her surgery, which went really well and she is recovering beautifully!  My mom grilled hot dogs, had watermelon, chips, dip, iced tea and yummy cookies.  Addy had so much fun running around her backyard and kicking her sunny patch kick ball around.  I think we might have a little soccer player on our hands!   :) 

After hanging out for a little bit, Addy and I headed back home aroun 3:00.  We kind of vegged out on the couch since Addy didn't have a nap.  Justin was doing all kinds of stuff outside and eventually Addy and I joined him.  He edged a little, weeded and did some stuff to the fire pit.  Addy and I moved the bird feeder and refilled it.  She was excited about the birds too!  This afternoon she saw them eating at the feeder and yelled, "look mommy, birdies are eating lunch!" 

We then talked about having a fire later and what we were going to do for dinner. Our friend Jerome came over and we decided to divide up and then meet back at the house.  Addy and I went to super walmart to get 2 more camping chairs, hot dogs, buns, and stuff to make smores.  I also got Addy some yard crocs for when she is playing in the yard.  They are easier to wipe off and keep clean.  Thus keeping her good shoes in good condition :)  You gotta have play shoes.  Anyways, Justin and Jerome went and ordered dinner and then went to the state store to get some drinks for the fire.  Oh and they went to Gander mountain for Hot Dog Forks!  He has been wanting some for awhile now and usually creates his own with a stick! 

We ate some pizza and then around 9pm he started the fire.  We got all set up and Addy sat with me by the fire.  She was so excited for it but it was her bedtime.  So she soon fell asleep and I took her up aroun 930 pm.  Right after that Ryan and Kristy showed up with their son Riley for the fire.  We had a great time drinking, making hot dogs and smores!  Of course we had great conversations and were able to just appreciate good company! 

Today I wasn't feeling that great.  I have another head cold going on so the morning was a little more lazy than usual.  Of course Addy doesn't see it that way and was still up and running!  After awhile, it was getting close to Addy's lunch time so we got up and moving.  We made lunch and then my dad stopped by after he went to the grocery store. He got to see Addy and we talked a little about upcoming picnics and our trip to canada for the 4th of July.  I got my passcard last week so justins should be coming next week.  He had to schedule his at a later date. 

We then shower and Addy and I went up to the mall to get some stuff.  I had a coupon for free panties from Victoria Secret and I wanted to get Justin some starbucks coffee for the coffee maker.  We ran out of our regular stuff so I thought I would treat him with some good stuff!  He has been working so hard without a technician at work.  It's the little things that can make the start of our day so much better! 

After we got home Justin and I decided it was time to try the new resturant in town!  Firebirds!! Just the three of us went and it was so nice.  Addy had her moments but we survived!  Its a fun upbeat atmosphere with music playing and it still has an intimate feel as well.  We both enjoyed our meals and even got some dessert which we all loved!  It was a warm brownie with ice cream.  The brownie was hot and amazing!  We will definitely be going back! 

So we had a pretty nice weekend overall and even had to turn the air conditioning on tonight!  It was 86 and humid!  Having the windows open was not a good option!  I hope everyone had a nice weekend as well! 

Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: