Friday, June 17, 2011

Anniversary/Father's Day

Yesturday Justin & I celebrated 4 years of marriage!  It felt like just yesturday we were getting everything ready in the living room, ironing chair covers at the reception site, eating at our rehearsal dinner, and getting ready to say "I Do"!  I love what our 4 years of marriage has done for us.  We have grown so much and become better people because of eachother.  We created a beautiful daughter who now consumes most of our days but we wouldn't change a thing!  We also purchased our first home together within those 4 years and the memories that we have already created are only going to get better!  He loves that backyard and building fires!  He takes so much pride in what he has accomplished back there.  It's nice to see him focused on something else besides his computer game!  Addy loves helping him out there too!  She runs around the backyard and she picks up all the sticks and puts them in the fire pit (no fire is going at time!)  Its a great little bonding moment for them! 

Last night when Justin got home from work, we decided that we were going to go out to dinner as a family.  Then as Justin was changing out of his work clothes he mentioned if he should ask our friend Jerome if he could watch Addy so we could go alone.  I said sure!  He came over 15 minutes later and we went to Olive Garden, alone!  We have gone to dinner alone, in a group, but it's been awhile since it was just us two!  It was nice to just talk and not get interupted by Addyson!  We came home and relaxed the rest of the night with Addy.  It was a good anniversary in our book and we didn't need fancy things to show eachother how much we love and care for eachother! 

So today Addy and I are going to head out and get father's day stuff for Justin & my dad.  I think I'm going to get justin some kind of yard game to do outside and a new grill brush for sure!  His is falling apart!  I might get him a new polo too, not sure.  I know he will be upset with what I do get him, he always says he doesn't need anything!  This weekend we will play at the house and maybe go out and do something.  But Sunday my dad is having a father's day picnic & he is getting food from smokey bones!  Should be a good time! 

Update on Addy's potty training.  She is doing really really well at home but is starting to really slack at daycare.  So this weekend I am having her only in underware, except for when she sleeps at night, and I will see how well she does.  Then come Tuesday, when she goes back to school, I might send her with many extra clothes and underpants.  I might need to switch it up drastically for her to "get it" at school.  Not sure though!  So wish us luck!

Love
Jamie Lynne

1 comment:

Dandy said...

Happy Anniversary!! Time flies, seriously.