Today was bittersweet for me. It was the last day of the school year and my last day at McDowell. Not many knew of this but a new classroom opened up at a middle school and I bid on it just to see what would happen. Turns out I had more seniority than I thought and got the position! I am still a paraeducator but its at a middle school level and it's more experience! I am excited for this new adventure and starting fresh. But I am also going to miss all the staff at McDowell and the students from our room. They are a great group of young men and they do amazing things during the school year! I had many reasons for wanting a change and not many that I want to go into right now (or online) but I do believe that I made the right choice.
So the past 2 days we had tons of fun with the guys. We had a balloon toss, walked to dairy queen, watched a movie, played frisbee outside on the field and football. We also did a lot of cleaning in the room, organized and sent things home with students. I feel like I learned a lot at the high school level but my energy is going to be more well spent with younger students. I know that is more of my calling. I'm excited and nervous at the same time but my supervisor told me that I will love the teacher and being at the new school!
Today my little sister, Alicia, graduates high school! She got honors and straight A's this school year! She is so amazing and I know she will have an excellent college career. I am grateful to be able to see her walk and get her diploma tonight. I am the proud older sister of two amazing women and I'm so happy to be able to be there for them!
Love
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment