Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Camden 3 weeks

Camden turned 3 weeks yesterday!  He has been more alert after feedings and is starting to do more tummy time!  He went from eating 2.5 ounces every 2.5-3 hours to 3 ounces about 3-4 hours!  He is working on stretching his sleep longer and eating more!  I also started having him lay under his play mat this past week to work on eye gazes and focusing.  He will bump an item that is hanging every now and then but it mostly due to a reflex and not intentional.  Addy likes seeing him under his play gym and interacts with him much better while he is under there than when he is in his swing. 


Here he is lifting his head up while using the boppy pillow.  He also lifts  his head really well when he is up against your chest.
 
 
Bath time has gotten much much easier now that I can fill the tub more with water and he feels the warmness around his little body!  Addy does a good job of keeping the duck cloth that layes over his body nice and wet with warm water.  Those things are so nice and should be added to one of my favorite things! 
 
 
 
He however hates it when I take him out (not that I blame him) and I have to get him dressed for bed.  I make sure to dry him good in the warm bathroom before taking him to his room but its still a colder environment.
 
He loves to snuggle with me during his 9 pm bottle and then he falls asleep.  However, so does mommy.  We end up waking up around 12-1230am and I feed him once more before we go upstairs.  He continues to sleep really well in the bassinet too.  I did put a little blanket underneath it, near the top, to help with any reflux (not that he is presenting any issues but I'm not taking any chances!).  Just like his big sister, he likes sleeping on his belly.  Most would be nervous but I have seen him lift his head and switch sides that he was sleeping on so I know he has pretty good control. He is also literally right next to our bed so I am always on alert.  He sleeps all kinds of different ways during the day.  On his back, inclined, or on his side.  The boy loves his naps!  I join in every now and then!
 
 
Addy was going through a little rough patch there for a good week with us but seems to be coming out of it just as quickly as she entered it.  She thinks she knows best for her baby brother and doesn't know her own strength at times.  She also doesn't like being told things from other people when it comes to her brother.  She gets a little sassy and tells them to stop.  The worst is if she is overly tired and then she really kicks it up with the back talking and she tries to hit us.  She also told me she was going to fire me last week.  I thought it was pretty funny but she got in trouble for it. 
It's a big adjustment for her and I am always making sure that we praise her for good things and not just bad things. 
 
Well the little man just woke up.....
 
Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: