Sunday, February 10, 2013

My favorite mom/baby items thus far

Coming home with a new baby and recovering from a csection has had its challenges at times but I've managed with some great baby items! 

Gripe Water and Mylecon drops have  slowly become my best friend during feedings.  I can actually put the gripe water right in his bottle and that seems to help with his hiccups.  Which I plan on addressing at his next well visit in a few weeks.  If they don't go away soon it could mean reflux.  I don't want that to go on for too long, so I will bring it up if they continue.  I also like the gas drops for after a feeding.  Sometimes I notice he has extra bubbles left in him an hour after a feeding.  So we tend to give him the drops then.  However, I do like to give them to him no matter what at his lunch bottle and dinner bottle if he hasn't had a BM yet.  It sometimes helps but the little man seems to be a late night pooper or he will skip  a day and get business done before noon! 


 
 
 
Usually after a feeding, I change his diaper, to help with his wakefulness  Now that he is 1 day away from being 2 weeks old, I've noticed that he is staying awake a little longer after feedings.  But prior to that, changing him after a feeding helped some, with keeping him alert for just a little.  Since I had my csection and it was a repeat, the first week or so, I slept in the living room on the recliner or couch.  I didn't want to go up and down the stairs in the middle of the night to go to the nursery to change him.  So we had our pack n play set up between the living room and dining room.  It has a nice changing station attached to it and a nice diaper/supply caddie.  I don't have to bend over either!  Making diaper changing pretty easy for my recovery!
 
 



After a feeding he likes to chill in his swing.  I must say, after Addy not liking the swing I got my shower, I wasn't sure how he would like this one.  However, my sister swore by it and it rocked them side to side!  He loves his swing and it soothes him very well when he fusses for 1 second!  Seriously, he is such a chill baby!  (except for tubby's and diaper changes)


When he will actually take a binkie, I still am a sucker for MAM's.  The hospital had Advent Soothies which he liked a lot in the beginning but now he is into the MAM's.  I like them because nursing or not, the nipple on them is not like the breast and you really don't have to worry about nipple confusion (sorry had to use the term).

 
 
Lastly, I love the boppy pillow.  It helps with feeding, holding, nursing, and sitting.  When Addy wants to hold her baby brother, she puts that around her waist and she is able to hold him a little more securily.  I love it when I am feeding him and I need an extra arm at the time.  (remote, computer, cell phone, helping Addy) He also can sit/lay in the middle of it and hang out on the couch with us!  It was also something that really helped Addyson when she was starting to sit up on her own.  If she started to tip to one side, it would catch her way before the floor would! 
 
 

So there you have it!  Some of my favorite things right now for a 2 week old.  I would have put my wipe warmer on here too but honestly it cools off almost immediately thus creating a fussy baby either way! 

Happy Sunday!
Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: