Friday, May 7, 2010

The past couple of nights I've been trying a new routine for Addyson's bedtime. I went from walking with her, to rocking her to get her to sleep and laying her down right before she falls asleep. Now I am reading her a book right at 8 pm. and then rocking for like 2 minutes and then taking her right up to her bed. I lay her down to try and rub her back and of course she stands right up and cries. I play light music and close the door. I let her cry for about 5 minutes and then I go in and lay her down, cover her, and lightly rub her back for a minute or so. She falls right asleep! I will slowly fade out the rubbing to just a hand on her back, then to me just standing there. Eventually I should just be able to lay her down or she will be able to do this! I did find her actually crawling around in her crib last night. I think she was searching for her binkie! it was cute! So I went from fighting with her for 45 minutes to 10 minutes at bedtime! I get so much stuff done in the evening now!!

I also noticed a big difference when I don't give her motrin at night. Instead I give her teething tablets and her reflux medicine. I'm not sure if the motrin makes her restless. SHe normally wakes at 430 but quickly goes back to sleep but she has been skipping that time since I started the new routine. I hope I'm on a good trend with her and that she will continue to sleep in past 630!

She got bit at school.....again! On her hand. I feel bad because they say she does cry but she is good about them cleaning it and putting ice on it. I"m calling the dr. today to make sure we don't have to do anything. All of her shots are up to date so I"m sure they won't suggest much. Just want to cover everything just in case!

Well today we have the talent show for all of the IU classrooms! Should be a great afternoon for a friday! We did a nike commercial and made a movie! Ours is going to be the best! Then kristin is coming in for a bridal shower tomorrow so tonight we are hanging out at my dads house to get pizza and wings for his bday which was wednesday. Then saturday me, justin, and addy are going to lunch with my mom, nana, aunt val, and aunt stacey for mothers day!

Well time to finish getting ready for work!

Happy friday!
Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: