Sunday, January 9, 2011

Turkey

The hubby and I put our first turkey in the oven this morning! I must say that I wish someone had been there to video tape us because it was pretty funny! I literally pulled the neck out with tongs and Justin had to take many deep breaths to get the giblets out which come to find out they were in a bad and easily accessable through the neck hole! Needless to say, we laughed a lot, gagged, jumped around, and sweated a little but it got done. We rinsed it well and I stuffed it with oranges, apples and onion plus fresh thyme. I then rubbed butter with thyme under the skin and on top. We cheated and did a bag since its our first time. I did the flour and celery too for the bag. So far it smells really good!! I will take a picture when its out of the oven!

love
jamie lynne

No comments: