That is my new little girl that we have been dealing with for the past week! I've seen the signs for awhile now but this week she has really turned a new leaf! I enjoy it in a way but it can get extremely frusturating. I spoke with her teacher yesturday and she said that all the little ones in the room are going through the same stage. So it comforts me a little that there are other children her age acting like that!
Her are some examples. She will tell me she wants a certain snack. I get it out. I start to open it. Addy: "nooooooo! no snack. no open." Me: ok. I close it or put it down. Meltdown continues and in the end she wants it anyways!
She hates the word "NO"! She is also slapping me in the face and then she will rub it saying,"gentle". That is what I prompted her to do awhile ago when she was a little rough while playing around. I send her to time out which is the bottom of the stair case. She sits down and springs right up. I end up sitting there with her while she yells, "mommy!!!" Eventually she sits quietly and then she says she's sorry.
When she is frusturated or mad she will just scream! We remind her to "use her words". which helps a little. But sometimes it just takes us walking away to get her to realize that we won't give her any attention to her when she is acting like that. She can be mad and upset but taking it to a scream is not acceptable!
So we stick it out, we follow through, and we try to remain calm. Are we hopeful that this will tame the terrible 2's? Maybe! We will just have to ride this coaster out and see what happens! We do realize that its important in her development to go through these emotions and such but its also up to us to give her the tools she needs to get through it!
On a better note! She is still a great little helper and she loves to get involved in what we are doing. The more she is able to help, the happier she is! She loves to do art and paint and use her little foamy stickers. Coloring has kind of taken a back seat now that she is more aware that there are other ways to create masterpieces!!
Well that is all I have for now! It's snowing here but its a pretty suttle snow fall that is nice to enjoy this saturday morning with my cup of coffee! I got a new creamer yesturday while grocery shopping. Its a creamy hazelnut. Yummy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment