So Addyson has decided that playing with her own play food and plates is boring. She would rather play with mommy and daddy's china. Ugh.....the other night she was playing nicely with her kitchen set and I was so exited. She usually just goes to it every now and then but last night she was playing while I was cleaning in my kitchen. I would go over and interact inbetween the things I was doing and she was returning the favor! It was great. It was all good.
I asked her if she wanted to go up and get ready for her bath. She said no. I respected the "no" at the time and decided to go up and pick up our room before I started her bath. Justin was floating around so I knew she was ok. Plus I could hear her playing with her stuff. Then I heard a different kind of noise and I couldn't figure it out. She did get stainless steal stuff for her kitchen set so at first I thought "maybe" it could be that.
I continue to fold some clothes that were on our bed and then I yelled out "china!!" I threw down the sweater and ran down the stairs. Sure enough she had opened the bottom of my corner curio cabinet and was putting salt and pepper in my tea cup and sugar bowl. Clanking away. She knew she was in trouble the second she saw me but I still had to give her a much deserving time out. I hated it but I toughened it out and held my ground. She faught me a lot and cried a lot. She was NOT happy. Eventually, I asked her if she was sorry and she asked for me to pick her up. She had stopped crying so I did. Poor thing was breathing heavy and so worked up. She did say "sorry" and I left the mess and went upstairs.
She was so exhausted from crying so hard that the bath did not happen. I wiped her down really good and put some lotion on her. Brushed her teeth and we hung out on the couch. I did clean up the salt mess when she was distracted by her night time shows. I didn't want to draw her attention to the problem area!
We survived and recovered!
I will say this. She did not even go near the cabinet today :)
Update on daycare: She started a new room right after our Christmas vacation and she's been slowly adjusting to it. She helps the teacher get her morning papers ready, attendance, etc. She plays well with her friends. What is really nice about her daycare too is that she is almost always in the same group but new teachers. Her and a few friends moved on together while reconnecting with old friends that are a little bit older. So they are all together for a little bit before the older tots move on. When Justin drops her off she still was crying for him when he left but today she did great! Her teacher told me that she was perfectly fine and had a great day! She is also eating really well for them too and that makes me happy. I always worry about that! She did really well with her previous teachers so I'm glad she is eating good for the new ones too.
She naps really well there too which is good since she doesn't seem to get long naps in on the weekends anymore! There is usually so much going on and she doesn't like to miss out! There are some times when she naps nicely for me and I enjoy that time greatly!
Anyways. Her new teachers love her greatly and I'm so thankful for all the great things they do with her while she is there!
Love
jamie lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment