So today Justin was on his way to Meadville and I was on my way to the Salvation Army with our class. We work there on Fridays and the students get a taste of what the working world is like! Anyways, Justin texted me and called me that daycare needed Addyson to get picked up. She had a temp and had a big blow out in her diaper.
I was beyond frusturated because I knew there was nothing Justin could do and I hated leaving the teacher during such a huge outing. Thankfully she understood and my supervisor agreed that I needed to get to my daughter. I love that the people I work for are so family oriented and they understand that my family comes first.
So I had one of the van drivers that took us to the salvation army, run me back to school. I called daycare on the way to school to tell them that I would be there shortly. I knew in my gut that she didn't have any kind of flu bug. She ate fine the night before, slept great that night and was good in the morning. But due to the cold and flu season, the temp and the diaper situation, they have no choice but to have us come get her.
So I got to daycare and she was really happy to see me. She actually got a little upset when she saw me but in a good way. The kind of upset when you weren't feeling good and you saw your mom. So, her teacher felt really bad because she was playing so well and seemed to be ok but it had to be done. Plus I was already there!
I got her home and she was coughing a little bit and had a runny nose. She also is getting her eye teeth in. One up top and one on the bottom. My gut tells me, teething cold and the gross diapers are from too much saliva, etc. I attempted to have her chill out and relax but being home got the best of her in a way. She had her moments of getting a little wound up but she did continue to cough.
Later on I gave her a bath, used her nose drops, put baby's vics on her chest and gave her some motrin. We sat on the couch and I put Dora on the tv. Within 10 minutes she had passed out while sitting up! I layed her down on the couch while Justin and I watched some of our shows. Justin took her up to her crib at 830 pm. She was exhausted and could be fighting a little cold on top of everything. A teething cold for her doesn't mean that it can't wear her out like a regular cold could.
So I really hope that she sleeps well and that she is feeling much better in the morning.
Good night!
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment