Sunday, March 20, 2011

She is getting bigger

Yesturday we had a very fun filled day! To start the day off we had company come over to visit and see the new house. It was a family that I first started working with when I started the Barber Center and I haven't seen them since last year! It was a nice visit and they brought me a yummy blueberry muffin candle!

Then Addy and I headed out to Target and Wegmans. At Target I had to get some house/Addy stuff. Laundry soap, baby wipes, some toddler snacks and new sippy's. Addy's orginal playtex sippy's have been getting a little icky. Icky meaning that after they have been washed they still have a strange smell to them. The plastic is just getting old and not washing like it used to. So when I was at Target I stopped down the sippy cup isle. Of course its next to all the baby food and snacks.....you can only imagine what happened! Addy spotted some Gerber Graduates yogurt melts and wanted them. Not only did she want them, she wanted me to open them. Did I do it you may ask? Yes, Yes I did. I'll tell you why though. There I was standing in the isle with like 10 packages of sippy's in my hand trying to make a decision which ones would be best if I decided not to get the same ones that she has been using. She was yelling at me to open please! and wouldn't stop! I have a hard enough time making decisions on my own and it wasn't any easier with a screaming toddler! So I opened them and then I was able to make my decision!

I chose the Gerber Graduates cups. Here is a pic:

And here is the description:

The Gerber Graduates Ultimate Cup System is a line of cups designed to progress with every step of your child's development. This system makes the transition from bottle to cup simple. Developed in collaboration with the NUK medical team's pediatric dentist, the special spout progressively evolves into a soft curve, encouraging baby's mouth to transform from accommodating an O-shaped nipple to a U-shaped cup. As such, it teaches proper lip placement for sipping and drinking from an adult cup. Stage 2 features an embedded hard spout close to the rim of the cup. Unlike other sippy cups, this shape discourages chewing and teething on spout.

I chose this route because she is getting older and it looks more appropriate for her to have that style and shape of a sippy rather than one that looks a little babish. She has 2 other sippy's that have double handles and she was using it the other day and it didn't look right! She looked too old to be drinking from that style! She is getting bigger and the stuff she uses is changing as well!

How does she like them? She loves her new sippy!!! I still have a couple of the insulated playtex sippy cups from last summer and those ones are ok bc they are a lot newer than her original ones. Plus we use those ones more in the summer when her stuff needs to stay cool. I also have playtex sippy's that have straws but she doesn't do well with those ones because they look just like the sippy cup that she would need to tip up to drink from. You can't do that with the straw sippy and she gets really mad! But she will drink from a real straw or a juice box just fine. So that is another reason why I chose to get her a different shaped spout. I new the straw cup would just be frusturating for her. The only other style I might try is the sport spout that is like a straw but you can tip upwards. We might do something like that for summer.

We then went to wegmans and they had a crazy deal on coke products! 3 for $9.00! I got lots of extra's since Addy's party is next weekend. I also pre ordered her dora cake from there too! Its super cute and she was so excited when I showed her the picture! She was pretty good in wegmans. Of course labelling and asking a ton of questions. She really has just boomed in her language! I love it! I can have little conversations with her!

Oh I forgot to mention that when we were leaving target I ran into our friends Ryan and Kristy. They were leaving babies r us. They had mentioned that they wanted to go bowling that evening and that they would get a hold of us if there was open bowling.

We got home and put groceries away and I got a message that we would go bowling around 630. We ate dinner and headed to the bowling alley. I haven't bowled since addy was first born and boy did that show! I got a big fat 90!!! Haha! Addy on the other hand had so much fun running around the bowling alley! We went to Classic Lanes, where our old league was so she was a little familiar with it! There was another little boy on our lane that ryan and kristy invited and they had fun playing together!

Today we are going to Riley's first birthday party where a ton more little kids will be at! Addy loves playing with Riley too! She was talking about him all day yesturday and then we saw them! She was very happy! She is growing up so much and already becoming a little social butterfly!!

Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: