Today we went to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party. Our good friends Matt & Allison's daughter turned 5! We weren't sure how it was going to go with Addyson since the last time we took her she wasn't amused at all! She was scared by chuckie and didn't seem to enjoy it when she was 1. Well 2 gave Chuck E Cheese a whole new meaning! She had so much fun and was even having fun playing the games! They have a slide there and she had a blast with that! There were a lot of little kids her age in the toddler area too. She loves interacting with them. When they were done going down the slide, she would extend her arm out and say "come on", and then they would go up the stairs to go down the slide again! It was pretty cute!
Now we are home and I am experimenting with her potty again. She hasn't gone since that one weekend I blogged about it. I ask her, I have her sit, and she hasn't done anything. I talked to her teacher about potty training the other day and she said that she is noticing a daily trend with most of her class. She said that many of them are having more dry diapers than wet so she thinks she is going to have to work something out with the other rooms and try to use the bathrooms. The problem is that she is considered a 1 year old room but since most of them are 2 now and some parents are wanting to potty train, she thinks something needs to change! She wants to be able to take them to the bathrom and start working on potty training. The center is also under construction so maybe they will get another bathroom.
She did say that if there are a couple of toddlers that are potty trained they can take them to the bathroom. So I figured I will play with it and one of these times its going to be the "time". That's the number one problem with potty training. You have to train when its the right time. If you push too much then it will backfire and if you wait until you think they are ready, it could be too late and then its a problem! So I figure there is no harm in setting the time for every 15 minutes and having her sit on her little potty in the living room while her dora movie is playing! She did have one accident and of course it was 3 minutes after I sat her down! But no matter how ready a child is , they still will have accidents, so I am ok with that! I also have smarties for every time she sits on the potty and m&m's for when she actually goes.
I did have her in her little underwear but after her one accident and it getting everywhere I switched her to a swimmy. I don't have pull up's but these will do! They go up and down like underwear but if she has an accident it won't gush out all over the floor! eww!
She is talking so much these days and makes a ton of sense! She is asking a lot of questions too! "who's that"
"what happened"
"what's wrong"
"where's daddy"
"where's juicy" (asking where her cup is)
"what's that"
"what number is it"
"what color is it"
She understands simple 2-3 step directives and will follow through.
She is able to go up and down the regular stairs and the basement stairs. however she has had a coupld tumbles down the main stairs. She gets hung up on the carpet with her socks and when she is carrying her blanket. This has scared us on a couple of occassions but luckily she hasn't hurt herself....yet :(
She loves brushing her teeth and she is really good at letting me brush hers.
She washes her body in the bath tub.
She puts lotion on herself
She is really into green beans right now and still loves cucumber. She is eating apple better when its cut into spears. I get the fruit cups for her lunches and she loves those. But the fruit in them are really soft. Now that her molars are all the way in, she is able to eat from a regular apple. Before she would chew on it and then spit it out!
She is still a lefty.
Loves to color
Loves foamy stickers
Loves her wooden play food that she can cut up
She is great at labelling animals and there sounds.
Lacking in color recognition and letter recognition.
Can count to 10 and is working on counting to 15.
Can sing the abc song, twinkle twinkle, the bumble bee song, row row, and the monkey song. Most of the time there are missing words to some of them but she's doing it!
She really wants to get outside and play but we got snow again last night. she helped me shovel the other day and had fun outside but we don't have proper snow gear for her. We weren't sure about snow pants and stuff since she is so young still. Next year we will get stuff to play outside in the snow with!
She is a little character and she entertains us everyday! She has her moments but she is a pretty good girl!
Love
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment