Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rash

Yesturday after work, I got Addy and we headed up to wegmans. She was good for the most part and when we were going home, she was in her carseat saying "ouchie". When I was unbuckling her I noticed she had her pant leg up past her knee and that she was itching at it. I couldn't tell what was going on because it was so red so I covered it up and decided to check on it after it calmed down.

When I was giving her a diaper change about 20 minutes later I noticed she had bumps on her other leg as well. I checked her belly and really didn't notice it on there. Maybe one bump. No white middle either. I told just and we wiped her down with a free and clear wipe and put some hydrocortisone cream on it, incase it was itchy. We decided to watch it and if it got worse we would call the dr.

An hour passed and I was getting her in her jammies. I looked under her arms and in the armpit area and noticed it was really bad around there. Showed justin and I called the pedi's office. They told me that if I didn't hear from the dr. in 30 minutes to call back. 5 minutes later one of the dr.s in the office called. He said it sounded like an allergic reaction to a soap or lotion since nothing was on her face. He wanted us to get her children's benadryl and put hydrocortisone cream on the bumps. He said that even when they are used to something their whole lives, they can have a reaction for no reason or during a growth spurt.

I did run out of our normal laundry soap and had to use other stuff that I had left from awhile ago. I think she was so used to the other soap that the switch, even on one load, caused her to react. So I went to the rite aide up the street and got her some stuff. The pharmacy guy told me that I was the 7 mom in the passed 30 minutes to buy benadryl!

So I gave her the dose and watched it take its effects on her! She's never been on anything like that before! So we snuggled on the coach once she got drowsy and I made sure she was breathing ok and not reacting to the benadryl. I fell asleep too and then I put her to bed around 1030 pm. she slept all night and the rash is gone this morning! yay!!!

She is happy this moring and really entertained by her coloring stuff!

Love
Jamie Lynne

No comments: