So this morning I was checking out some blogs that I follow and someone blogged about Diet Coke. She was talking about the negative effects of aspartame and it got me to thinking. Just how bad is this stuff? Well it's REALLY BAD. I'm 99% sure that I will not be drinking diet pop anymore. There are 2 websites that I found that you can start at and then branch out from there, if you dare. http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html or http://aspartame.mercola.com/.
There are 92 plus side effects to aspartame. While I don't think I consume a crazy amount, it has to make me wonder. I am tired most evenings and my back/shoulder pain takes awhile to ease up. All things that can be a side effect of aspartame. I don't think I have lost weight while drinking diet pops and from what I've read, aspartame doesn't really help you get rid of fat either. It clings to fatty tissue and makes it hard for your body to get rid of it through exercise.
I hope you were able to take the time to do a little research. Water is best and I better get on the wagon to drinking just plain water. I usually like flavored which is sweetened with Splenda. There aren't enough studies on Splenda but I can imagine that anything that is artificial can't be good.
Love
Jamie Lynne
1 comment:
Can I just say, I love my diet coke! Like a lot.
But I am so glad you posted this, b/c it will certainly make me think twice about drinking diet drinks again!
xoxo
Post a Comment