Oh Bedtime is going to be the death of me! Addy still puts up a fight when it comes to going to bed. I know before vacation she was getting better and not getting too worked up. But vacation kind of ruined that! She didn't sleep in the pack n play at all and slept with us which doesn't help when we are home. She usually falls asleep within minutes of crying and running to the door trying to open it. Then around 3 am she cries and wants us. We usually lay with her in her bed and then we go back to our bed once she is asleep. Or we do bring her in with us which I know, isn't the best thing to do. So I talked to Justin this evening and I really want to use the next 4 days that I'm off with her to help her go back to sleep without coming to our room in the middle of the night or with one of us going to her bed. I just need to let her cry again at her door. If I do anything, I will go to the door and tell her that she is safe and okay, and that it's to lay down in her bed. I will not open that door!
So I will just see how it goes tonight. The hardest time is when she wakes up around 630 am when we are usually up getting ready. If she hears us and knows we are up then she will be a very upset little girl. I guess I will cross that bridge at a different time!
It's so hard and I hate to picture her so upset in her dark room. But I do know she is safe and ok. She will put herself back to sleep. She is just mad that I am switching it up on her. At least that is what I keep telling myself!
Well time for bed. I had a crazy work week and I'm looking forward to my 4 day weekend!
Love
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment