Monday, November 26, 2012

30 weeks

So I hit 30 weeks in my pregnancy over the weekend! Here is what the bump has to say about the 30th week!

At 30 weeks, your belly’s doing more than just making it tough to find a comfortable sleeping position. It’s made itself a conversation piece. Everywhere you go, someone seems to have a comment about your physical appearance, which isn’t always so fun. And no doubt, you’ve encountered quite a few people who don’t think before they speak and say something embarrassing or hurtful (what’s up with that?) Try not to take those comments seriously, but know which ones should be taken to heart. Like when they tell you you’re glowing, believe them! And take advantage of some of the perks (when someone offers you their seat on the train -- take it!) At week 30, your dreams might be getting even weirder -- if you’re actually sleeping, that is. That could be a result of anxiety, so consider doing some prep work to help you rest easier. One idea? Do a test drive to see exactly how long it really takes you to get to the hospital. Then maybe you’ll stop having nightmares about giving birth in your car.


Your baby's the size of a cucumber!
Your 15.2- to 16.7-inch, 2.5- to 3.8-pound baby continues to grow.
 
 
 
 
 
 










your baby at 30 weeks
  • His skin is getting smoother.
  • But his brain is getting wrinklier -- to make way for all that essential brain tissue.
  • He's now strong enough to grasp a finger!

I will add that baby boy has been rather active these days too!  I'm not sure, but I do think he is attempting to get more head down, because I am starting to feel more kicks near my ribs.  I am used to feeling him much lower and let's just say that feeling that at 330 in the morning isn't fun.  I've learned to sleep through most of his movements but since I'm not used to him kicking me in the ribs, it's been keeping me up a little in the night.  He also has been having fun reshaping my belly in the evening!  He must push his legs up under his belly and then pushes up his little toosh!  I really wish I could see him on a sono screen while he is doing all this stuff!  We try to figure out what limb we are feeling but it's just a guess!

I had my glucose test done a week or so ago and they check your iron levels.  Well I failed my glucose test and I'm not anemic this time around like I was with Addy.  I'll have to take the 3 hour glucose test.  This time I will have to fast and sit in a waiting room for 3 hours.  NOT FUN!  I had to also do this with Addy and I passed that one.  I don't feel that I have gestational diabeties but I understand why they need to follow up with the bigger test.  At least this way they will have a resting number and be able to see my numbers come down properly.

 I have a sono at 35 weeks to see how much he has grown!  I cannot wait!!!  The last time we saw him I was measuring 18.5 weeks!  He was just this little skinny thing and now that he is gaining more weight and fat, we will have a clearer picture of what our little boy will look like!

We still cannot believe that I only have 9 weeks left since we scheduled our repeat csection for January 28th! Time is surely flying and with Christmas the next holiday to come, we are getting really close to meeting our little boy!

Addy is still really into baby brother.  She loves feeling him move around and sometimes she even tells me she wants to go in my belly and hang out with him! I know she is going to be a good big sister and at times, I am sure she will get on my nerves a little, because she thinks she can do so much on her own.  I've seen it with my niece.  She thinks she can carry her around.  Clearly she cannot and when you tell her not to she gets really upset.  I know once we have a baby here all the time that she will adapt much better and more quickly than when she is around baby Rilyn every month or so. 

The nursery is livable and set up.  We just now need to go through what we have and create a list of things we need.  I know some of my family has asked my sister what we need for the baby but I still have a few odds and ends that I need to write down.  I'm getting more and more excited to meet him!  Everytime I hang out with my baby niece I get more anxious to cuddle with my own! 

ok wow!  This was pretty long and a lot of different information!  Everything is going well and we are completely blessed!  If you made it this far, thank you!

Love
Jamie Lynne

 

No comments: